is it worth?

• joga84
      joga84
      Bronze
      is it worth at the final table when i have at the smallblin 8bb and the button have 8bb is it worth to call him with Q8o or anything like that when i know i em a head of him but its still crap hand? i know he just want to steal the blinds and antes and that he will shove any2,but if i am sure i have better hand should i risk it and go on coinflip?
  • 3 replies
    • Classified181
      Classified181
      Bronze
      If you have the better hand its not a coinflip is it champ??? As for any advice, i dont let myself get under 15BB in any online tourney or i lose more often than not what ever 2 cards i hold. In a live tourney, if you are 75+% sure you are ahead of the buttons raising range, shove and get it in there good. Your going to be called when he's already given himself odds if you do shove by raising in to your 8 BB, so All-In Baby and hope for a fav double up.
    • joga84
      joga84
      Bronze
      cheers :s_biggrin:
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I would say that's a little loose, especially at a final table. I wouldn't call him.

I think the math favours your call, having 8+1.5+1:8 so about 1.3:1 for a call, and considering the bubble factor i would guess that means you must have a hand about the same strenght as his to be breakeven.

So if you're sure your hand is 0.000001% better then his it's a call, but for this to happen he has to push close to any 2.

Short version: if he's pushing any 2 or close to it (folding like 23o, 72o, 34o.. hands like these) it's a call, otherwise it's not.