bankroll for re-buys Tournaments

• curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      played a satellite on Titan for the 100K on Friday and won a seat

the buy-in for the satellite was $7 so but the tourney is a $50+5 with re-buys & add-ons

normally for re-buys tourneys I tend to allow myself 3 re-buys + add-on so a $10 tourney would make it a max $50 and well with-in my 50x for bankroll management

been looking through the Strategy guides and cant see any guides for re-buys and interested what others use
  • 11 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Count at least 100 BI for normal MTT's, and for re-buys...I'm not sure, but since it's always better to start with a double stack, and always take the add-on, I guess you could count 3 to 5 times the normal BIs (300 or 500), depending on whether you re-buy 2 stacks if you go broke, or just leave.
    • Unam
      Unam
      You should calculate with about 5-10 times the Buy In, depends very much on your playing style in the Rebuytime. and that amount *100 should be a proper BRM.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      any advice for playing these tourneys having won a seat through a satellite

was thinking of playing it very tight , playing mostly ABC poker and hoping to double up with As Ks and maybe taking a add-on if I get that far

thinking that for a $50 re-buy tourney and allowing 5 BI would need 25K bankroll and only few players will have that kind of bankroll so there should be a lot of players playing tighter than normal
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      is good. I wouldnt rebuy if i were you.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Isn't it standard to do 1 rebuy before you started for double starting stack and then an addon at the end of the rebuy hour?
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Isn't it standard to do 1 rebuy before you started for double starting stack and then an addon at the end of the rebuy hour?
      yes, but since he qualified he can't rebuy. Because he needs at least 10k$ in order to do a legitimate rebuy.

That's why I don't play rebuy tournaments, btw. I also think freezeout makes for a better game.
    • ajfonso
      ajfonso
      Bronze
      the cool thing of rebuy tourneys are the huge prize pools and the deepstacked playing at the beginning.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I hate them actually, even though they should be quite EV+. The beginning is just too frustrating, no way you can put reads on those players as they just play anything, keep rebuying for a headstart etc.
      Mèh, it's frustrating :)
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      you dont need reads when they are throwing their chips at you :D
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      ran card dead , won small pot early but then best hands were pocket 2s & AQo in which two player make sets

last hand 5 mins before break , on BB 97o , 5 players called flop 995 , get someone all-in & he hits runner runner to make flush

thinking card dead , tourney only cost me $7 and will need two rebuys + add-on for $150 and would then be average stack but these players tend to be still lose after the rebuy period so give it up but may try again next week & us my main I poker account
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      people usually tighten up significantly post-rebuy-period