Hero ($9.45)
      UTG+1 ($26.50)
      UTG+2 ($48.57)
      MP1 ($25.55)
      MP2 ($25.10)
      CO ($28.21)
      BTN ($10.26)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.75, UTG+1 calls 0.75, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.76) 5:spade: A:club: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $1.00, UTG+1 calls $1.00

TURN ($3.66) 5:spade: A:club: 3:diamond: T:heart:

Hero bets $2.00, UTG+1 calls $2.00

RIVER ($7.46) 5:spade: A:club: 3:diamond: T:heart: 3:heart:

Hero ?

We have 7 hands on Villain. So long he played 0/0. What to do on river?
  • 7 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello RNG,

I would just valuebet the River as checking allows him to check back everything you beat for example ;)

True you will be owned sometimes against 2pair but what the hell, that's poker

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      The thing is that I don't see any hands that we beat here.
      Would he call three barrels with AJ? If he is adequate player he would actually fold it preflop.

So could you please name the worse hands that would call three barrels here?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RandomGenerator
      The thing is that I don't see any hands that we beat here.
      Would he call three barrels with AJ? If he is adequate player he would actually fold it preflop.

So could you please name the worse hands that would call three barrels here?
      Nice leak we found here: perceiving everyone to think as you ;)

He is an unknown so basically AJ/A9/A8/A7/A6/A4 and somes stubborn Tx hands
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      Nice leak we found here: perceiving everyone to think as you

well, according to the response I get in russian community, it's not a leak. it's basically true :)

The overall situation is seems pretty strange to me. This hand was taken from you "MSS for beginners part 4 video", where you suggest to change the betting size in order to easily shove on river.

But the thing is that I play NL25 rush myself and I think that there's no worse hand that will call two or three barrels here. And many guys from russian community including judges agree with me. So I'm a bit confused.

Regarding the range you put him on.

He is an unknown so basically AJ/A9/A8/A7/A6/A4 and somes stubborn Tx hands

Do you think that he is stoopid since he's unknown or what? For what reason the person would call the UTG raise in rush with AJ-? He will be dominated 99% of time in this situation.

And even assuming he did call. For what reason would he call three barrels? Just assuming that unknown person is openraises from UTG and then bluffs three streets?

I don't get it at all.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze

well, according to the response I get in russian community, it's not a leak. it's basically true :)

Explain why you think it's true. I mean I also can state that every other training site is behind me but without explaining & illustrating it, academically it doesn't make sense.

when I play there is no unknown player for me but we are forced in this spot now. Do you think check/folding, check/call is better than betting?

& why are you actually posting in the English if you can get Russian handsupport? Makes me curious =)
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv

Explain why you think it's true. I mean I also can state that every other training site is behind me but without explaining & illustrating it, academically it doesn't make sense.
      This was basically a joke. Sure I don't think that everyone thinks the same way as I do.

when I play there is no unknown player for me but we are forced in this spot now. Do you think check/folding, check/call is better than betting?

Personally I think that check/calling the turn is better. And we probably should check the river and even fold to a big bet, because usually we will se AQ+, very very rarely it will be AJ.

& why are you actually posting in the English if you can get Russian handsupport? Makes me curious =)

I'm not sure about the answer. The first time I've posted here was just to see what's going on here. Then there were times when it took much time for the russian judges to respond. Sometimes I just want to hear more than one expert opinion.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you write text, it is pretty hard to interpret it the right way . Also with smilies so mostly I say ''kidding or something after the statement''

Getting to hear several opinions is always good :)

- Gerv