Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.76)
      BB ($3.05)
      UTG ($4.91)
      Hero ($17.04)
      BTN ($9.58)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: K:heart:

UTG raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.70, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.55) J:heart: 5:diamond: T:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.55) J:heart: 5:diamond: T:diamond: 3:spade:

UTG bets $1.55, Hero folds

UTG wins $1.45

45/30/1.5 13hands

PRE: stand
      F: c-bet ???? i have a lot equity but he is super fishy player and i not sure he fold here even 22.
  • 2 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Personally, I'd prefer the C-bet, and then take the check/check line on the turn as if he is a super fish then he'll still be in and check the turn. Just make the C-bet less than you would normally - Maybe half the pot. Yes you are giving him decent odds to play any draws but also, he is probably going to expect you to bet the turn. If you miss the river then okay you spent an extra 75c, but if you hit you stand to take a decent chunk of his stack should he catch any piece.

However if this is on Pokerstars, this is a VERY common thing atm, it seems to be a new trend to call down the pre-flop aggressor unti they check and then fire a bet when you check. Obviously you'd have to observe closely to see if he is actually doing this or if he is just a common fish. Obviously if he is doing this it's easy to adjust your game and takes chunks of stack at once. Just something I've observed.

My reviews are normally way off the mark though, as I play more on my feeling on certain players than a more mathematical thinker would.

So probably do the exact opposite of what I think and you'll be going in the right direction :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

While you consider him being rather passive player then Checking behind the flop is totally fine. The flop ain't that dry either and as you said he is anyways Calling us.

But as well CBetting would secure a free card maybe on turn and river + fold equity(although very small).

Best regards.