[NL2-NL10] Aa Nl10

• brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      finally my frst time at almost 100BB and this nightmare happens, which of course is typical of this hand I might as well fold it from now on, if I had PT3 this hand would be negative so bad. Its just crazy I couldnt beleive how well I was doing then this crap the same hand the KO's me out of every tourney is the same that made me lose all my profit that I worked to get. I know I donked out on the river and thats just novice play so this one I suppose is all my fault but I just couldnt belive that once again I could lose with AA..

Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($19.61)
      BB ($3.15)
      UTG ($20.82)
      UTG+1 ($9.80)
      MP1 ($9.60)
      MP2 ($9.02)
      MP3 ($9.95)
      CO ($3.79)
      Button ($3.18)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      UTG calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.90) 9, Q, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.10) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1

River: ($4.10) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, UTG raises to $9.35, Hero calls $7.60

Total pot: $22.80 | Rake: $1.52

I should edit this, Player limps alot, also at this point I never did see a showdownn from him but I guess I should also honestly add I had him on 2 pair or trips on the river but I don't know why I called, can someone guide me please, what do I do on turn or river? when someone keeps calling ur bets how do we put them on a strong hand? How can I ever bet for value if I fear I am beaten, Ill usually just check at river maybe even turn, but like I said I got into the mindframe "No way my AA are cracked again" These cards can be cracked 20x in a row, now I fear next AA im going to c bet flop then check/fold after resistence

edit again: I cant beleive I called a 8x raise, the more I look at this the more I know what was wrong, I could have folded and still had 50 BB profit
  • 6 replies
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Guys same situation but like I feared I think I may have fucked up

Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($10)
      MP1 ($10.55)
      MP2 ($2.85)
      CO ($4.41)
      Button ($11.17)
      SB ($7.25)
      Hero (BB) ($21.04)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
      1 fold, MP1 bets $0.30, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1, MP1 calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.05) 7, J, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP1 raises to $4.20, Hero folds

Total pot: $4.05 | Rake: $0.27

can I get some suggestions on Hand #1 and hand #2 thanks!
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      shoulda raised on the flop I guess, but my mind set last night wouldn't allow me too cause I didn't want to get cracked again
    • Diabeto88
      Diabeto88
      Bronze
      I think you have got just one problem - bet sizing.
      I play 6max on cake, also NL10, but I am not sure if I am right but:
      Hand 2 - pf raise is ok, on the flop 1,5-1,8 is right, his 3bet is wierd. do you have any history with this player? this could help us to find out if call his 3bet or 4bet shove would be the best
      Hand 1 - preflop and flop is ok, turn bet 1,5-1,7, river bet 3,2. do you have history with this player? how did he play? reg? fish? cause if fish, fold his shove, if reg - he can think you have absolutely nothing so he is pushing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello brobz,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

And by the way post please one hand per thread. :)

Hand #1
      Preflop: Too small raise, I'd do it $0,60 for being OOP and as well 1 limper.
      Flop: $0,60-$0,70 should be fine here.
      Turn: Although your turn bet size is way too small, I'd do it $1,50.
      River: You don't beat much here, Bet/Fold it. What hands do you put him on when he shoves the river?

Hand #2
      It's a 3bet pot and I would likely CBet even bigger and while he may easily even have draws/AK, worse hands I'd even consider going broke. The thing is that your CBet is way too small and he may just recognized it and decided to bluff-raise.

It seems that you have a lot of leaks in your bet sizing and I would really advice you posting more hands. Those kind of leaks may cost you a lot money in future.

Best regards.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      thank you veriz appreciate it, my bets will now change completely, ill go bigger

When is it good to bet half pot? Should it always be 2/3 to pot size?

for the first hand I thought he had Q9s or 99, why did I call? In the end its good cause I am learning

Ill post more tonight
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      thank you veriz appreciate it, my bets will now change completely, ill go bigger

Posting hands will help you fix those kind of leaks and many more.

When is it good to bet half pot? Should it always be 2/3 to pot size?

Not like always but mainly I do like 2/3 but of course depends a lot sizes/stacks/opponents. Basically we will get the point as soon you will post more hands.

for the first hand I thought he had Q9s or 99, why did I call? In the end its good cause I am learning

Not saying that you ain't learning but just trying to make you think about the situation and maybe even change your mind. And by the way 99 beats you and I don't ever think that he is going to shove that often there with just Q9, more rather with very strong hands like FH.