How safe is FTP?

• graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, Im wondering if I deposit on FTP will there be any problems withdrawing? What does everyone think? Also I am an American(not living in America) will that be a problem? Thanks in advance
  • 16 replies
    • DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      FTP seems to be safe. They are still blocking MB and Neteller withdrawals though. You can however play at FTP only if you can present proof of residency. Different from US, that is...
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      the question i would like to ask is our money safe? If FTP won't go broke.. Because half of its players had to withdraw thier money or currently are waiting for thier money. Such strucks even to great banks are huge.. And before you go telling me they keep our money somewhere safe not doing anything with them, i thnk its not true, they probably invested them somewhere else to make more money.
    • graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      Im wondering why a mod hasnt responded to this post. I'm asking about whether my money is safe on the site and whether I can even go about my buisness as an American. I know poker stratagy makes money off my money, yet no responce. The mods respond to everything else it seems
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Graz187

Thank you for your patience.

I am not sure what to tell you. I have basically the same source of info as you. I am not american so my situation is very different. however I still play near exclusively on FT. I personnaly don't think that FT will go broke but that is only my personal opinion. From the reports FT has lost about 35% of their trafic. I still think that they will be making more than enough to survive.

The information that we have is widely available from there it is upto one to form one's own opinion on whether it is safe or not.

sorry not to be able to be more helpful.

Regards

Thazar
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Im a little worried too about FTP, where I have currently the biggest bankroll and would like to continue playing there.
      Pokerstars is definitely safe ... about Full Tilt not so sure (especially after AP/UB went bankrupt)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      AFAIK by the latest reports AP?UB did not go bankrupt or at least they deny it:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Absolute-Poker-UltimateBet:-Bankruptcy-News-Premature-_45812/

Regards

Thazar
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      from this point of view I think your money are most likely to be safe..

From my point of view and latest experience with FTP tho.. I rate FTP as same as UB and AP. I will be sitting in the shadow waiting for some superuser or software scandal to show up..
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pavels4444
      Im a little worried too about FTP, where I have currently the biggest bankroll and would like to continue playing there.
      Pokerstars is definitely safe ... about Full Tilt not so sure (especially after AP/UB went bankrupt)
      If you're worried about your bankroll, just withdraw part of it and keep most in your bank account(since they don't allow to withdraw to Neteller/Moneybookers currently). With VISA you can instantly deposit, so if you keep 10 BIs or w/e you need for one day's session, you can instantly deposit anytime :) This way you're not risking much and can calmly keep playing :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      It doesn't look like Full Tilt will go broke. I don't, however, know whether the UIGEA is aimed at American _citizens_ or American _residents_. If you're a citizen but not a resident you should ask Full Tilt support whether you're affected by Black Friday's events and their fallout. But even if you are, the U.S. government has pledged that U.S. players will be permitted to withdraw their money--they just won't be allowed to make fresh deposits or play any real money games.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      wot wot ?

They are blocking Neteller withdrawal?

When why where?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cpwpoker
      wot wot ?

When why where?
      they are not but there are just delays atm

regards

Thazar
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I am an American living abroad and I play on FTP daily. Stars doesn't give the little guy enough incentive to play so it's FTP for me.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      wot wot ?

When why where?

regards

Thazar
      Thx for your answer was kind of scared than am playing for nothing there xD
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      wot wot ?

When why where?

regards

Thazar
      Hoppe thats true, im really worried as i got 1k+ dollar in withdraw processing since 20th april :(
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      UB will go down i think... now the thing is about ftp... and my confidence is a little shakky.. I hope you, pokerstrategy, as thier partner, can protect your own community and if you hear a whisper about them not being able to pay, you'll inform us. maybe we'll be the last to save from sinking ship
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I've made an withdrawal request on my Visa on Black Friday and everything went fine, I've made another one a couple of days ago, I received the money today, I've played in mini-FTOPS yesterday with some other 32k people, there are 25k people playing on their site at 7 AM in the morning, I sincerely doubt there is any probability they will go under.