DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $33.28 - VPIP: 59, PFR: 21, 3B: 5, AF: 1.2, Hands: 56
      CO: $25.00 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: 1.0, Hands: 183
      BTN: $27.20 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 8.0, Hands: 99
      SB: $26.10 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 6, AF: 2.8, Hands: 118
      Hero (BB): $25.78 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 3.5, Hands: 219873

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 3 :heart: T :spade:
      UTG calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.60) T :heart: 4 :heart: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.60) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

River: ($4.60) A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $4.38, Hero calls $4.38

Final Pot: $13.36

This was pretty much my plan for the hand from the start
      44% limp
      46% AFq river (13)

reads:
      5/11 NL25 6m
      *PRE*
      call total crap in bb
      *3B*
      *POST*
      -check minraise turned tripps, check rvr

Do you agree with my line, or would you pitch it on the river because of the betsize (Although we saw him bet standard gaylord fish amounts with a very strong hand)
  • 4 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      On that river we have 2 problems:

1) he's been passive so far and he pots the river
      2) if he was on a nutFD, he just hit TP and might be potting it because:

a) it looks like a bluff
      b) you looked strong by potting flop & river but not strong enough to bet the river when the scarecard hits

Ofc fish don't think on such levels conciously, but some of that thought process is kind of "natural/intuitional"
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Pretty sure I play same, I don't think we can play like this and then c/f nut bluffing river. He can occasionally hit the A river if he had suited Ax or maybe some stuborn like A4 hand where he "puts u on a draw" but ya I really don't think we can fold that riv. He does it with both his Ax and his bluffs. We can only ever c/f river if we have a read that he never bluffs, pretty unlikely so vs random fish I am just c/c this river and expect to be good reasonable % of the time, but not always.

I think it's also a good point to note some hands he limps with (if u manage to see them whilst multitabbing), if u see for example a hand like 68s and like K9o then his bluffing range on this river must be much wider than his value range right? If we see he only limps Axs and pp's then his range would be much narrower. If that makes any sense.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LemOn36,

I totally disagree with the Call on river. Why the heck should we overplay our somewhat mid-pair in freeplay pot? Basically I would just Check/Fold the river without any good reason to think that he is capable of bluffing this way.

What hands do we beat there? He could easily just have the nutFD and did hit the A on river or maybe even 2pairs. Plus he doesn't seem to be that aggressive either that we can expect him to bluff that often there. And way too bad odds for a hero Call.

Plus as you have even the read that with trips he didn't value-bet the river, why do you expect to have him very weak hand now there? Or I just didn't understand correctly the note read of yours.

Best regards.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      uh the fact he doesn't value bet thinly is good for us because it makes his river bet much more polarising. I do agree however that he can have Axs a tonne of times on the riv.