SB: $26.57 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 22, 3B: 12, AF: 2.7, Hands: 409
      BB: $25.00 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 9, 3B: 6, AF: 6.0, Hands: 159
      UTG: $48.50 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: 5.3, Hands: 182
      MP: $26.88 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 10, 3B: 12, AF: NaN, Hands: 40
      CO: $27.71 - VPIP: 53, PFR: 22, 3B: 13, AF: 2.4, Hands: 49
      Hero (BTN): $25.00 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 3.5, Hands: 219873

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with Q :spade: J :club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, CO calls $1

Flop: ($3.35) 6 :club: 7 :diamond: 4 :spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50

Turn: ($6.35) 8 :club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.35) K :diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $6.35

reads:
      5/11 NL25 6m
      *PRE*
      complete raises
      *3B*
      *POST*
      Bet small folds
      call pair on overs 2X

raised 1st on CO 4/7
      Fold to 3bet 0/2
      low fold to cbet so far(some 30%, small sample)

Basically 3B him to isolate myself with him and I have a decent value hand and there is a squeezer in the blinds that I believe squeezes a lot more than cold 4bets. I cbet the flop as I expect his range to be weighted to broadways and AX and I want to fold it pretty much.

He tanked preety long there and he isn't completely passive so I think his range will be pretty weak. Turn is the worst card to barrel as I don't think he is folding any gutter any pair.

The river was super tempting as he checked twice and appeared weak on the flop and I wante dto instinctively bet it, but I have my read that he called underpairs too much so I decided not to go for it.

He had A high as expected, and this is the most tilting thing where I override my instinct, see it was correct and get all results oriented :P

Would you play it any differently?
  • 3 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I agree with your play except that I would bet a little bigger on the flop like 2$-2.5$

I think that his range on the turn consists off any pair or straight draw + A high - beating yourself up because he had A high this time is just being results oriented as you admitted.

If we bet bigger we might expect him to fold his A high on the flop and because you had your read that he is super call happy postflop I don't expect barreling to be profitable against this guy.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      If river comes a club or a card coordinating the board some more I think it's worth a stab since he's a fish and it might scare him off his A highs + if he checks he never has flush/str8 etc. and we rly have abs no showdown value with Q high.

I think as played is ok, im not sure abt pre, not a line I normally take but it's probably fine.

Some thoughts vs a good reg, I would probably barrel since he should assume we are polarised and this hits both our value range and bluff range pretty hard, we are barrelling all our overpairs here and most of our p/f bluffs bc they hit this board in some way. Makes reasonable sense. This is assuming he isn't just flatting his monsters OOP pre and actually has some broadways/AQ type hands in his range :f_cool:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can always go pot control with your overpairs, so I don´t think river bet would be bad especially if he likely doesn´t give up on the flop
      I´d bet around 4$