$77.60
      MP3:
      $50.75
      CO (Hero):
      $50.00
      BU:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 6.
      MP3 raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, BU folds, SB raises to $7.25, BB folds, MP3 calls $5.50, Hero raises to $50.00 ...

Guy from MP opens 30%.

Villain on the SB stats:
      VPIP/PFR: 21/17
      3bet: 8.1
      SQZ in SB: 20% (10)
      SQZ in BB: 12% (17)

Q: How do you fight against those squeeze happy players?

66-22 might be some part of my range here for shoving.
      I'll also have JJ+, AKo, AKs there, too.

I thought, that small pair could be a good semibluffing range
      as it has pretty OK equity, when all that money is already in the pot.

I almost never expect the open-raise to come along.

I think that shoving is going to be a better choice,
      if I want to do it efficiently.
      Easier to balance my semibluffs (small pairs) and monsters.
      Coldcalling I think is worse, pretty hard to do, but if you think it's also OK,
      then I would like to hear your opinion. Would be interesting.

I achieve that Villain is not going to squeeze light when I call or
      he will have to fold too often, when I shove, if he has a lot of air there.
      If he starts calling down my shoves lighter, then I'm going to switch to the top of my range and remove bluffs.

Q: What's your a) monsters range, b) bluff/semibluff range?
  • 3 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      If SB is very squeeze happy I think a good strategy is to flat all your monsters IP vs an early raise and then come over the top vs his squeeze.

If the early opener doesn't come along you can think of this situation as being similar to the ones where you play against 3 bet happy guys so you should flat a polarised range and then 4bet/call all your pockets from your value range + AQ,AK,AJs and 4bet/fold all the other stuff.

When the early opener comes along I like your play shoving pockets here because 22 are the same as JJ in this spot if you dont expect him to call you with 99 & TT but don't forget to flat your mosnters as well here and maybe just flat the 3 bet as well with your AA/KK
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I think you have a problem with MP3 maybe calling here quite frequently? and 22-66 not quite being equal to JJ in this spot. I'm no expert in wars but MP3 has either a monster or a decent hand he doesn't want to let go of, we ship 66 and I don't think he's folding all that often and his calling range abs fking crushes us imo. I think given MP3 folding it's not so bad vs the sqz but if he calls w/ 88 hes really owning u. I think u can definitely flat some monsters here if SB is getting totally out of line.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Q: How do you fight against those squeeze happy players?
      - flat with your monsters, but mostly take yourself initiative and 3-bet open raisers or if you open and Sb squeezes, come over top with small 4-bets. Also it helps if you tighten your opening range and widen your 4-bet value range

I think that shoving is going to be a better choice,
      if I want to do it efficiently.
      Easier to balance my semibluffs (small pairs) and monsters.
      Coldcalling I think is worse, pretty hard to do, but if you think it's also OK,
      then I would like to hear your opinion. Would be interesting.
      - I personally don´t like shove, since your hand is exactly that players expect to be that have- medium pp that you called for set value and now going crazy for some reason. So I don´t expect him to fold 99+, maybe even AJ+, so you´re very often getting all-in quite bad situation.
      If you also flat that spot your big pairs, then it should be fine, but even then you´re risking your whole stack and hope SB doesn´t have there anything and MP3 won´t call his 88 type hands that he flat SB squeeze.
      Call ip is quite good, since you can always make moves postflop if you want and if Sb is really has that wide 3-betting range then he can´t stand heat most of the flops

What's your a) monsters range
      - since I don´t flat AA/KK then I don´t have any. But if I should slowplay then TT+, AQ+

b) bluff/semibluff range?
      - I don´t like shoving that spot small pp-s, so I don´t have any semibluff or bluff range. i rather call ip and make my decisions postflop