DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $35.07 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 8.0, Hands: 23
      BTN: $34.73 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 23, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 30
      SB: $25.00 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 5.0, Hands: 30
      Hero (BB): $25.00 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 3.5, Hands: 220022
      UTG: $25.00 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: Infinity, Hands: 25
      MP: $18.62 - VPIP: 62, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 42

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 8 :club: K :club:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 1 fold, BTN raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.44, 1 fold, BTN calls $2.44

Flop: ($7.23) 2 :spade: A :club: T :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.60, BTN calls $5.60

Turn: ($18.43) 4 :spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.43

He seems like a TAG, stole 40% so I think his range will be superwide PF for a good steal spot.

I flop a FD and cbet big to generate more FE and to be able to call a shove.

He snap called and turn rag comes...what is my play?
  • 3 replies
    • StaticMoth
      Looks to be a loose passive fish ... So I think the best play would be to check the turn coz:

1) he's never folding his weak made hands anyway
      2) he will give you a free card most likely unless he's strong

And then re-evaluate on the river based on his check back timing (if he checks back@turn and how fast etc etc) and ofc what hits the river.
    • fusionpk
      Um, I think you can avoid such tough spots by playing a little better preflop.

Here is my 2cents: You don't state fold to 3b stat preflop (not to mention the fact u have no sample on him anyway), which suggests to me that you didn't check his f3b % and I think this is crucial here (in fairness no sample so u cant check, but it kinda still backs up my point). Do you think 3b'ing here is +EV? Well clearly you do coz u did :f_biggrin: But in my opinion, it's going to be a losing play in the long run in this spot. I think 3b'ing here is fine if u know that opp folds his BTN vs SB playing back (general assumption would be high f3b %) because then we can make our preflop play +EV in a vacuum. But this is most certainly not the case vs the majority of 25nl tags. The reason why is this: 1) they don't fold enough, so we have K8s in a pot where SPR is smaller and we have less room to play. 2) we are now playing K8s OOP which isn't exactly easy, even though we have initiative they can play near perfect vs us with their range & position which leads me to.. 3) not only do they have position on us but most likely their hand range is > than ours, they will call alot of hands that dominate us, or that flop well and they can fuck with us post flop, so all we do it cbet flop and end up in some really tough turn spots.

So what I would do? this time muck this hand, I would 3b this spot if I have nice reads that he doesn't play back at us too much, but im much more likely to 3b this BTN vs CO or UTG or smth (these imo are 2 MUCH better spots to 3b this hand, ppl at this limit give u much more respect in these spots + can't play back aswell since they don't have position & we do).
      In this spot where we are vs unknown tag I would just 3b a depolarised range from blinds & a polarised range BTN vs anywhere. This way we keep our % reasonable and still get paid off, we make +EV 3b's as a whole and we avoid many tough spots.

One tough problem here also is that it's hard to put him on a range, if we are 3b'ing this vs someone that folds 80% to 3b it's much easier to put them on a range that they are continuing with.

- I hope this makes sense and doesn't look like some essay sized ramble/rant.
    • Kaitz20
      If you 3-bet K8s pf I this you have to shove turn
      He would fold to yo turn shove his Tx hands and he may easily call with worse flushdraws or if he decided you to float KQ/KJ then also he would fold these hands
      He would likely not fold AJ/AQ, but that is quite small range his overall flop floating range