Push/fold charts

• outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I'm using the 4 push/fold charts and I'm noticing that I'm ahead most times, which is great (I used to push way too loose). Here's my question: how do I factor in my own position in the rebound charts? Because if I'm very early, I should obviously push a bit tighter.

And how would you tighten your range on the bubble as the short stack? I'm restricting it by around 25% as a rule of thumb (so, 7-8 BB instead of 10 BB, etc).

Last question: can I use the same charts for MTTs?

Thanks!
  • 5 replies
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      When you're the only shortstack at the table you shouldn't push tighter but instead looser cause you're less risk averse and need to double up at least.

As for other situations if you feel like you can do better than push/fold chart it's time for you to learn ICM and adjust your own pushing/folding ranges. If you could reach silver status there's plenty of video/article material here. Also get some training program like ICM trainer or SNG Wizard. Gl.
    • outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      I used to play on here and had silver status but then stopped. Now I resumed and should be reaching silver status in a couple days. I'm using the ICM trainer and used to get 80-82% over 200 hands sessions, now I get around 90-92%. Should I keep training? What's a good but realistic ICM trainer score? Is 95% feasible?

When in an MTT, do you do push/fold strictly according to ICM?

Thank you!
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      I have no idea about MTT. I'm a STT player. But I think you should get 100% on the trainers or close cause situations there are really important. Anyway it's better that you get SNG Wizard for 30 days evaluation ant try it with your actual game situations. Once you get familiar with that you can beat the lower stakes easily. As long as they're turbos or faster I should say. :)
    • outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dydukas
      I have no idea about MTT. I'm a STT player. But I think you should get 100% on the trainers or close cause situations there are really important. Anyway it's better that you get SNG Wizard for 30 days evaluation ant try it with your actual game situations. Once you get familiar with that you can beat the lower stakes easily. As long as they're turbos or faster I should say. :)
      I downloaded and installed SNG Wizard but when I opened it, a screen said "your 30 days trial period has expired". I don't remember installing it in the must but that's what I must have done :( . Is it worth buying a license for it? Does it make that much of a difference in ROI?
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Yes, I can't imagine a SNG player without SNG Wizard. Everyone uses it. It will definitely pay off.