[NL2-NL10] just changing from mss to bss

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hi
      just trying to change from mss to bss
      did I give my opponents the odds to call this draw?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.06
      UTG1:
      $2.34
      UTG2:
      $0.80
      MP1:
      $2.30
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.01
      CO:
      $2.05
      BU:
      $4.08
      SB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, Q.
      UTG2 posts deadblind, UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, CO calls $0.12, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.41) J, Q, 8 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.29, CO calls $0.29, UTG2 calls $0.29.

Turn: ($1.28) 6 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.91, CO calls $0.91, UTG2 calls $0.39.

River: ($3.49) 3 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $0.69, CO calls $0.69.

Final Pot: $4.87.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(A Q).
      CO shows a flush, ace high(9 A).
      UTG2 shows a flush, queen high(2 6).

CO wins with a flush, ace high(9 A).

?(
  • 3 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      You didn't give them direct odds to call the flop\turn but this is nl2 so they'll call almost anything anyway. I'd bet bigger on both, like $0.34 on the flop and shove the turn.

As played, once the flush completes on the river it's best to just check\fold because when you bet into a multi-way pot once a flush draw is completed chances are you're only getting called by better and if when you check they bet back at you they usually have it to so yeah, check\fold the river.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wurble
      You didn't give them direct odds to call the flop\turn but this is nl2 so they'll call almost anything anyway. I'd bet bigger on both, like $0.34 on the flop and shove the turn.

As played, once the flush completes on the river it's best to just check\fold because when you bet into a multi-way pot once a flush draw is completed chances are you're only getting called by better and if when you check they bet back at you they usually have it to so yeah, check\fold the river.
      Hi thanks wurble
      great advice :P

Roo
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello roopopper,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      Flop: Basically it ain't like a very big mistake to bet a bit smaller, although while the board is that drawy then yes, rather bet it bigger.
      Turn: Same goes for here. But as you asked if you did give them correct odds then nope, you didn't give them correct odds. Even not correct implied odds, overall rather they did a mistake by Call.
      River: Rather just Check/Fold it here, you ain't gonna get bet anyways from worse and as well the value-bet is pretty thin here which I would rather skip. We will see his hand anyways.

Best regards.