best hand of the day?

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I think this must be the best hand of the day!!!

poor guy had the guts to call a raise with 22 and hit a full house only to get smashed with my AAAA !!!!!! :P

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.11
      UTG2:
      $2.23
      MP1:
      $1.18
      MP2:
      $1.99
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO (Hero):
      $2.81
      BU:
      $4.22
      SB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.25) A, A, 2 (2 players)
      MP2 raises to $1.89(All-In), Hero calls $1.89.

Turn: ($4.03) 3 (2 players)

River: ($4.03) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.03.
      Results follow:

Hero shows four of a kind, aces(A A).
      MP2 shows a full-house, twos full of aces(2 2).

Hero wins with four of a kind, aces(A A).
  • 23 replies
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      lol at the push on the flop :D NL2, where anything happens
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pavels4444
      It was so funny I had raised my aa and flicked over to ps bss articles as im moving from mss to bss and when the game popped back onto my screen he was all in and I had AAAA waiting for me!! :P
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      It was so funny I had raised my aa and flicked over to ps bss articles as im moving from mss to bss and when the game popped back onto my screen he was all in and I had AAAA waiting for me!! :P
      MSS 141 bb deep ?(
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Pretty standart shove imo.. since you raised this big pre you probably have AK/AQ/AJ/AA and you're not folding either one anyway. So i'd just shove and hope for the best too.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Pretty standart shove imo.. since you raised this big pre you probably have AK/AQ/AJ/AA and you're not folding either one anyway. So i'd just shove and hope for the best too.
      your trolling is way too brutal :f_biggrin:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Im actually serious
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Im actually serious
      Looking at it that way i'm pretty sure it's profitable. It's hard to get action later on that board unless you slowplay and they hit something. Against AA, AT+ your a 3 to 1 favorite actualy.. and none of those hands are folding at NL2. Funny enough.. if you increase the calling range to Ax and TT+ your equity is still the same.

Wether it's Max EV or just +EV depends on opponent though :D

obviously preflop call is bad and this fish doesn't know this and just thought. IHAZTEHFULLHOUSEALLIIN!!!!
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Well its NL2 and who the fak folds for just 2 dollars?
    • PiersM
      PiersM
      Global
      Nice hand, they dont come along that often infact it seems as though you're always on the receiving end when they do.
    • QubaBuba
      QubaBuba
      Bronze
      obviously preflop call is bad and this fish doesn't know this and just thought. IHAZTEHFULLHOUSEALLIIN!!!!

I don't get it. Why is the PF call bad? It's standard call20 with a pocket pair.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by QubaBuba

I don't get it. Why is the PF call bad? It's standard call20 with a pocket pair.
      Well its a bad call because if your opp flops a set as well your always drawing to only one out.
    • QubaBuba
      QubaBuba
      Bronze
      Hmm, but that's something like AA vs KK, isn't it?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by QubaBuba
      Hmm, but that's something like AA vs KK, isn't it?
      wat

What im saying is that everytime you flop a set with 22 and villain has a set also, you're drawing to 1 out. However if you flop a triking with KK, the only set you can be worried about is trup aces and all other sets are drawing to only 1 out.
    • QubaBuba
      QubaBuba
      Bronze
      I get what you're trying to say.

Statistically there is a very small chance that any of your opponents have PP when you do. And when he does, he does not hit the flop very often. More often you'll be facing Ax, Kx, etc. from the CO (in my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong).

I was trying to say, that holding a set vs other set is simillar (probability or predictability wise) to something like holding KK vs AA preflop.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Well i read a book "Phil Hellmuth on poker probability" and he says that the chance is always 50%. So really set mining with 22 is kinda bad because you're drawing to 1 out 50% of the time.

So folding 22 is just the best, unless you're the kinda guy who likes to lose maney.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Silver
      Well i read a book "Phil Hellmuth on poker probability" and he says that the chance is always 50%. So really set mining with 22 is kinda bad because you're drawing to 1 out 50% of the time.

So folding 22 is just the best, unless you're the kinda guy who likes to lose maney.
      Quit yo' trollin', people will start actually believing you :D
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13

Quit yo' trollin', people will start actually believing you :D
      calling 22 preflop is just basic cointfliping for variance.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Originally posted by roopopper
      MSS 141 bb deep ?(
      no im switching my game to bss hence going back to nl2 to practice bss :P
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Wether or not alficor1 is trolling or not. And i should mention i'm not a cash game player. I'm not calling 4BB more with 22 oop.

Why?
      first off your oop making it alot harder to play the hand.. every board will have overcards making it really hard to call down even if you have the best hand. And you don't have the initiative in the hand.

So your set mining.. You hit it 1 out of 12 times.. So you spend 5 bb 11 times and miss the flop and lose hand.. so you lose 55 bb in this process. Which means that everytime you hit your set in this spot you will have to win a pot bigger then 120 big blinds (60 you spent setmining + 60 you win from opponents). Which is very unlikely because opponent will miss most flops and is unlikely to put so much bb in without a very strong hand. So your drawing 1/12 odds + the odds of your opponent hitting a hand that he's willing to put so many chips in with. and bottom set is also far from the nuts.

So in my opinion it's extremely hard to play this profitably. Personally i think the whole idea of set mining is kinda flawed since your expecting to win a decent sized pot every time you do hit it.