$5.15
      SB (Hero):
      $5.00
      BB:
      $7.48
      MP3:
      $6.24

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU folds, Hero calls $0.28, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.9) Q, A, 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.70, BB folds, CO calls $0.55.

Turn: ($2.3) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($2.3) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85.

Final Pot: $4.

I've been having difficulties playing marginal hands (like 1 pair), when I call PF. I wouldn't want to call my opponent down with top pair 3rd kicker.

First of all, is calling with AJs oop okay? And how should I continue if I hit 1 pair? If I call the Cbet and don't improve on the turn, my opponent is often going to bet again.
  • 4 replies
    • Diabeto88
      Diabeto88
      Bronze
      on the flop raise to 0,45 - 0,5, your raise was huge.
      bet turn, 1,90 - I think he folds it. if not, c/c river is ok

your call PF is ok, if you know he is aggressive sometimes you can try 3bet him
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello StaringAtGoats,

Preflop: Basically calling is doable here, although while CO has usually pretty wide range here I might even prefer 3betting depending on his tendency.

As played
      Flop: The problem is that with Check/Raise is that you are representing a very strong hand here and he will have hard time calling with a lot worse. But against that kind of CBet it might be even considerable and if we see him being rather looser player. But if not then would be an option to for example Check/Call and donk the turn or maybe even at some spots donk yourself the flop while we are in multiway pot and the CBet ain't like always done from PFA.
      Turn: As you went for value on flop then why Checking here? I'd rather bet for value and maybe even protection from any kind of GS type of draw or some other.

As played if turn was Checked
      River: As he Checks on turn then I would rather bet myself for value like $1,30 or something similar rather than Check/Call. He may still call with a lot worse hands but while sometimes he might even Check behind.

Best regards.
    • StaringAtGoats
      StaringAtGoats
      Bronze
      I see that raising on the flop and checking turn and river doesn't make that much sense.
      So if I call the Cbet and donk the turn, what do I do on the river? Assuming CO isn't so bad he'd call with a lot worse and if I check and he bets I feel uncomfortable calling with one pair.

And I have a general question about calling ranges?Oop I usually 3B AQ, AK, QQ+, possibly JJ, AJ and call with lower pockets and suited connectors 98s+.
      Is it Ok to fold hands like KJ or AT from the blinds against a ~ 20-25% raising range?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I see that raising on the flop and checking turn and river doesn't make that much sense.So if I call the Cbet and donk the turn, what do I do on the river? Assuming CO isn't so bad he'd call with a lot worse and if I check and he bets I feel uncomfortable calling with one pair.

Just bet it again, he may still Call us with some weaker pairs and PPs rather than Check/Call. Because he will most likely just Check behind weaker holdings while we still could get value by betting ourselves.

And I have a general question about calling ranges?Oop I usually 3B AQ, AK, QQ+, possibly JJ, AJ and call with lower pockets and suited connectors 98s+.Is it Ok to fold hands like KJ or AT from the blinds against a ~ 20-25% raising range?

You mean VS CO as I understand? Then sure why not folding is always the easiest play, although when he really has such a wide range then I'd basically either Call or 3bet depending on the opponent. KJ/AT are still way too strong against his range.