My story.

• itsmebitch
      itsmebitch
      Bronze
      Hello every1 my name is Aivaras and I am from Lithuania (Now I live in Russia becouse of Lithuania politics).
      Now I'll tell my fun story about how I became a mid stakes grinder in other words full time poker pro. :)

It was 2009 summer.. Yeah what summer that was.. Girls, beer, beach, water, tits.. All the man could ream about. :] And in one party we was chillin' and some others were playin' poker.. STRIP POKER. :P And one girl invited me to play along with them.. Sorry, more I can't tell mates. :D So what was how I learned NLHE rules.

September 2009. I was sitting and playin' Poker on my PC. What was Poker Stars freeroll (I think it was Nordic freeroll). I have been playin' for hours and hours.. And atleast I made the final table! And at the final table I was makin' sick moves (Stealing, 3betting without a hand etc) and I made it to HU.. Yeah.. I took it! I took it! I went to nearby shop, bought a bottle of champagne and got back home where was waiting my girlfriend (the girl which invited me to the strip poker game) and 800$ which I made in freerol. 800$, can you imagine?? I was so happy..

Same day, the bottle of champagne was empty, but I still were happy.. My girlfriend asked me - "Darling, can I play some poker from your account? I will play only play money tables." I agreed (Yeah, I am not very smart) and she was playin' poker on my PC while I was talkin' on the phone w/ my friend (told him that I won boat load of money). When I was done talking I went to my room to look how my girlfriend plays poker. He was playin 6 max 5/10 table and action was like this - one player raised and another reraised, my girlfriend (saw what I was doing this on freeroll) went all in with 52o.. And when I was shocked.. I looked at th table title.. And OMG.. It was real money table!!!! Both players called one turned other Kings, other Aces.. I was speechless.. My girlfriend too.. I thought "What is it.."

My girlfriend apologized me and hugged me.. We was frozen in the time.. I closed my eyes and said that I still love her.

When, something strange happened.. My girlfriend started jumping and screaming.. When I looked at the monitor.. The board was x2xx and river.. Yeah.. Deuce!!! F**kin' dice!

May 7 2011,

I am sitting at my computer, grinding some mid stakes cash games, writing my story to the PokerStrategy forum.. Everything has changed.. I have flat in Moscow. My girlfriend.. My ex girlfriend is now my former best friends wife and I am lomely grinding this silly game and waiting.. Waiting for another miracle.. Love miracle..

Best regards,
      Aivaras.
  • 49 replies
    • shifttronic
      shifttronic
      Bronze
      Great story man, good luck in everything!
    • Classified181
      Classified181
      Bronze
      Hmmm, so your ex GF made you some cash for you to grind online with ( ouch, few years of your life goneski ), then ran of with your best mate and got married??? Ouch, thats a all around Life Bad Beat/ Suck Out!!! GL mate, hope things improve for you, look on the bright side, you've ran -EV for 2 years, things can only get better ;)
    • itsmebitch
      itsmebitch
      Bronze
      Yeah, shit happens.. :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      do we get any more of the story?? :P
    • itsmebitch
      itsmebitch
      Bronze
      Of which part? :D
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by itsmebitch
      Of which part? :D
      how about how your grind went to get you to platinum status and what games you play now, how did you get there etc.... :P

Roo
    • itsmebitch
      itsmebitch
      Bronze
      After that magical suck out in my PokerStars account were 2k+ and that was big money for me (I think avarage 3 months wage in Lithuania). Ofcourse I have spent some of them, but I left 1.5k in my account for poker. So I started to play NL25, first days wasn't good, I even moved down to NL10, but then I found some poker friends which helped me with my game and after month I was solid NL25 winner. It was great period, becouse I was making 500$ every month, I was spending them on clothes, VODKA and my ex girlfriend.

I've grinding NL25 for long time, I think, to the summer of 2010. Then my life has changed.. One time when I was back home from work earlyer than usual, I found my girlfriend with my best friend in bedroom..

I was so depressed becouse of this, that I didn't played poker for a month.. When I met my colegue from Russia (he is diamond member on Poker strategy) he was grinding NL400 tables and helped me to improve my game. Then I started to play NL50 I left my job and moved to Moscow.

Now I am regular NL100/NL200 grinder. (I play 10+ tables at one time) I am supernova on PokerStars and platinum on Pokerstrategy (made this in one day by collecting 6k sp).
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Graphs please :f_biggrin:

Sounds like a sicko story ur ex gf and ex best mate will get whats coming to them one day GL printing money
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Ouch, wtf, I'd chop his dick off and feed it to a hungry penguin
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Cool story broseph. (no seriously, really cool story)

Pics of ex?
    • itsmebitch
      itsmebitch
      Bronze
      Yup, I live interasting live..

Heh, my graphs when I started to play was like this.

When I improved my game a little.. :)

And the girl.. I don't any picture of her.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Your story mean that the poker god has reserved some sick beauty during your soon WSOP tournament :s_biggrin:

That why all this happen to make you a poker pro :]
    • itsmebitch
      itsmebitch
      Bronze
      I guess I will win 3 WSOP ME titles in a row. ;)
    • DjPalaxtreme
      DjPalaxtreme
      Bronze
      Sick story bro... I hope that you will be grinding nl1000 any time soon because i think you deserve it for what you have been through. Do you play any PLO at all?
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      Hello every1 my name is Aivaras and I am from Lithuania (Now I live in Russia becouse of Lithuania politics).

Aivaras.
      So was this politics or your GF that caused u to leave?
      Cant really see any politic related reason to move from a free country to not so free one... unless u are gipsy gay.
    • guerrilla
      guerrilla
      Bronze
      Why would you choose to live in Russia instead of Lithuania. It's even worse. Unless you are russian born in Lithuania then i can understand. Anyway good luck and keep it going!
    • itsmebitch
      itsmebitch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by biogas

Aivaras.
      So was this politics or your GF that caused u to leave?
      Cant really see any politic related reason to move from a free country to not so free one... unless u are gipsy gay.
      Why would you choose to live in Russia instead of Lithuania. It's even worse. Unless you are russian born in Lithuania then i can understand. Anyway good luck and keep it going!

Yes it's about my ex GF and my new friends but the things happening in Lithuania is just ridiculous (I am about Lithuanian politics and parliament).

I am 100% Lithuanian, I love this country, but the living in Russia is so much better and cheaper..
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Yeah, shit happens.. :)
      Yeah... it does and sometimes it happens for the best.
      Good luck with everything and congrats on the Diamond Status! You RoCk!!

Ingrid
    • itsmebitch
      itsmebitch
      Bronze
      Yeah, but that's the beauty of the life.. You don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Oh, thanks, Ingrid. Now it's just a question of time when I will reach Black member status.

P.S. Maybe one day we will meet in some of the pokerstrategy parties.. :)

P.P.S. Have nice Friday night.