[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush - AK

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Hello,

Very wet Flop and minimal info on opponent. He had a VPIP of 17% over a small number of hands. I Figured he had a Pocket Pair 77-JJ since he called from EP. Was making a CBet the right play? Was my CBet size correct? Should I have double-barreled? The Flop was wet which frightened me, as well as the size of the Turn Bet I would have to make.

Thanks

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $2.08
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $4.74
      UTG2:
      $9.14
      MP1:
      $4.56
      MP2:
      $9.39
      MP3:
      $2.02
      CO:
      $7.54
      BU (Hero):
      $10.01

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      UTG1 raises to $0.15, UTG2 calls $0.15, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.42) 9, J, 8 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.76, UTG2 calls $0.76.

Turn: ($2.94) 3 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.94) 2 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.50, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.94.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Navrark,

Good to see old members posting again their hands! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: What's your plan if you get 4bet? The 3bet is totally fine but you have to have a plan as well and even would be better to know against you do the 3bet. And you talked only about UTG2 but what about UTG1?

As played
      Flop: Not really big fan of CBetting that small, of course it's a 3bet pot and you can do a bit smaller the CBet but I would never think of you doing the same CBet amount on such a drawy board with made hands. Rather would do it like $1. And if you really did figure that he rather had PPs then such a board is not the greatest to CBet at all. When he Calls a lot of CBets then I might basically just Check behind here. While it hits a lot of broadways and as well PPs are likely to continue, unless they are really small.
      Turn: Not much, I am rather as well Checking behind as we get called without good reason to 2nd barrel.
      River: Fold, we are likely beat. But it could as well happen that he even floated us but while I don't know the opponent, can't say anything else than fold.

Best regards.