[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KJs, turn play ?

• MrBrilliant
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, J.
      CO posts deadblind, CO checks, BU raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.80, 2 folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($2.2) 9, A, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80.

Turn: ($5.8) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.80, Hero raises to $29.37, BU calls $12.82(All-In).

River: ($52.79) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $52.79.

BU stats: vpip 20 pfr 17 steal from BTN 33% fold 3bet 40% fold cbet in 3bet pot 64% cbet flop 85% cbet turn 67% agfactor flop 5.2 turn 4.7 WTS 26% Hands 1.9k
  • 2 replies
    • fusionpk
      3b'ing pre seems a bit better to me, we are 4 handed he has reasonably low f3b %, we take initiative (we are OOP which sucks), we c/f many flops and its just sucky.

As played I think I am just folding the turn, his flop & turn bet are pretty big and almost always for value, (unless u have a read he is one of these fish that pot pot pots anything).

To shove the turn we have to either assume good fold equity or that we are good vs his range, when it comes down to it, the majority of the time he will have a hand that leaves us with nothing but a naked fd, and we have barely any fold equity. I guess the only thing we have going for us is the fact that maybe he will bet/call worse fd's, idk though so I prefer to just fold the turn. I think 3b'ing pre and taking initiative is kinda nice. (+ I assume he will call worse btw).
    • Kaitz20
      If he bets that big then likely he isn´t going really to b/f turn, so I don´t like your semibluff. if you think he may barrel with draws then you can c/c again and then c/rai on the river if you hit your draw but generally fold should also be fine being oop
      Also should be fine leading flop, turn and maybe even river to make him fold better hands