[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ overpair on low board

• snowylee
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 raises to $0.40, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.40, 5 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.35) 3:club: , 3:spade: , 8:heart: (3 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.30, UTG+2 raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $1.80.

Turn: ($6.65) 9:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $6.95 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $6.95.

River: ($20.55) 6:diamond:

Final Pot: $20.55

Was this a bit reckless or is it fine?

I wanted to find out where I was and just calling the flop didnt seem like a good choice since UTG+1 could then call with more or less anything since I didnt believe he had to have anything strong to start with.

Since he just called the flop reraise and checks the turn to me it feels like he's quite likely to have TT or JJ. And if I wouldve checked behind and a blank comes on the river I probably wouldve had to Call an allin anyway? At the very least something like $4. At least this is what I thought. And one last thing, I thought it quite likely that he would call with TT or JJ to my turnpush, if not I wouldve checked behind ofc since it makes no sense to bet when he is likely to fold the worse hand.
  • 4 replies
    • Faye6891
      I would've reraised PF.

As played, NH IMO.
    • SonicXT
      I disagree. You have to reraise preflop, no doubt about that.
      As played, you had to reraise the flop of course, but I would make it a little bit smaller as there isn't that much to protect against at that point but an overcard (he's got 6 outs for AK, 3 for Ax/Kx, no need for protection as you shouldn't give him implieds anyway).
      I'd make a reraise to 1.80 on these type of boards... potsize raises are only useful on drawy boards (no matter whether you're on the draw or have to protect)
      As player, I'd check behind on the turn. Sure, he might call TT/JJ, but why risk it there ? See what he does on the river, and check/call there, hoping for it to be less than all-in bet.

After all, you only have a medium overpair with little information because you didn't reraise PF. I don't like to risk stacks in that spot, there's no need to anyway.
    • Thorsten77
      I really like SonicXT's analysis.
    • snowylee
      Yeah ok, thx :)