G'Day!

• AmocEsmeralda
      AmocEsmeralda
      Basic
      Hello everyone! My name is Yuri and I am originally from Russia but I am currently living in the Land Down Under. I started playing poker when I was 15, and became interested in the concepts and strategies involved within the game. I have gone broke with two very small bankrolls due to improper technique implementions and incorrect management of my bankroll. I am using this site a source of information to further solidify my poker skills, as well as to determine the proper ways to maintain bankroll and sustain psychological urges.

My strong point and preference are SnG tournaments, due to their complexity and highly strategic manner. I have on several occasions played NL games, however that I don't think it is a good idea to go on such huge blinds with such a small bankroll :D

I am currently playing play money, and am trying to achieve enough to enter some freerolls that can start up (a much more serious and well managed) poker career! Thank you PokerStrategy.com for your generous articles and highly experienced professionals!
  • 6 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Hi, hope you are enjoying living in the greatest country on earth.

Looks like you are still a basic member? i may be wrong here but i though this means that you have not completed the quiz and got your free $50? If you havent i would highly recommend getting it and moving away from play money. You will learn much more imo. gl
    • AmocEsmeralda
      AmocEsmeralda
      Basic
      I am trying not to achieve the 50 dollar bonus but instead study many different articles of the basic strategy, and eventually reach a stage that can help me earn money from freerolls. From there I can earn strategy points.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      In order to earn strategy points, you need to (1) sign up for a new poker room using the PokerStrategy link, and (2) either pass the quiz to get the $50 starting capital or make a deposit in the room you signed up for. Both are worth it because it unlocks the bronze and higher level articles and videos. While you remain a basic member you can only read the basic articles and watch the basic videos.
    • AmocEsmeralda
      AmocEsmeralda
      Basic
      Is it possbile to gain strategy points without making a deposit but instead winning freerolls and using that money to progress my poker career?
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      As far as I know, it isn't, unless you go the $50 free starting capital route.

EDIT: Nearly every poker site I know of will not permit a cashout unless you've deposited, anyway.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey AmocEsmeralda,

I'm also from Australia.
      Welcome to the PokerStrategy.com :)

Regards,

Kyle.