Getting Crushed = =

• TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Is it just me or is the micro field on FTP harder than any other field?? I play at other sites aswell but seems like its an easier field?

All i'm ever doing is losing money on FTP and slowly building on the others site.. nearly lost half my bankroll on FTP and brought it back up and now its gone back down AGAIN.

Ive read all the articles in my section and watched vids etc..

had AA and raised 4 bb and someone calls it with J8o FTW... and of course he flops an inside straight draw he raises and i re raised and then of course he turns the straight.. FTP really lives up to the name

Who follows the starting hands chart now days? seeing people raising with low pocket pairs from early position and most of the time hitting the set.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thinking of just moving whatever is left $28ish (started of with $50) of my FTP BR to my other accounts where I'm actually doing alright...

Or maybe just try and improve on FTP and if i go bust just concentrate on my other accounts..

Anyways thanks for listening guys

Any advice?
  • 6 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Well so why do you play on FTP if you find other sites easier?
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      A friend transfered me some starting capital to start out. And then after i found this site i got my $50 starting capital somwhere else
    • Destrux
      Destrux
      Bronze
      Well, my 2 cents on FTP micros : i've manged to get my BR from 10$ to 200$. its true, ppl make WEIRD calls, but good thing is...THEY DO NOT FOLD :) So, basicaly, they will pay you off when you're extra strong. So, just have patience, fold medium strenght hands( imo, overpair like AA bcomes medium hand by the river, so give it up once in a while ), and push your strong hands, they WILL pay you off. Good luck ;)
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Destrux speaks sense. I find FTP easier to make a bit of money if i'm playing well because of the silly calls people make, sure in the short-term you get a few bad beats and get frustrated, but if you stick to playing strong ABC poker, bet when you're ahead, fold when you're behind, then overall you'll make money.

Aces can get cracked by anything, which is why ideally you want to get in as much as you can before the flop to avoid suckouts from the more speculative hands. Admittedly this will happen more at low stakes due to people thinking hands like 10,2s are playable, and they might hit sometimes, but most of the time they'll miss with them.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Destrux
      Well, my 2 cents on FTP micros : i've manged to get my BR from 10$ to 200$. its true, ppl make WEIRD calls, but good thing is...THEY DO NOT FOLD :) So, basicaly, they will pay you off when you're extra strong. So, just have patience, fold medium strenght hands( imo, overpair like AA bcomes medium hand by the river, so give it up once in a while ), and push your strong hands, they WILL pay you off. Good luck ;)

Yea, i agree with this.. Just dont do any crazy shit, dont bluff, just value bet value bet value bet. Cbet should be the biggest bluff you're gonna pull of till lets say NL10.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Thanks for the advice. guess should work on my game more.

I guess just gets annoying I guess. Maybe its just my game.. but i seem to be doing alright other places oh well..

thanks