MSS winrate

• BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Hi!
      I was wondering what is a decent winrate for a msser, a good and a crushing winrate in FR. The reason why I am asking is because I see BSSers bragging about their crushing 15bb/100 winrates. Is this possible in MSS, did any of you guys achieve it, regardless of limit?

I played NL2 for 30K+ hands and had 6bb/100 playing a conservative game at 18 tables.Then I moved to NL4 and played around 12 tables with a winrate of 6.6bb/100 in 20k hands. I moved to NL10 and now I have 5bb/100 in 25k hands playing 9-12 tables. Is this good enough to move up, to NL25? I would have around 47 buyins in my bankroll but I'm scared of variance. Should I take more time to improve my game first?
  • 9 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Hi!
      I was wondering what is a decent winrate for a msser, a good and a crushing winrate in FR. The reason why I am asking is because I see BSSers bragging about their crushing 15bb/100 winrates. Is this possible in MSS, did any of you guys achieve it, regardless of limit?

I played NL2 for 30K+ hands and had 6bb/100 playing a conservative game at 18 tables.Then I moved to NL4 and played around 12 tables with a winrate of 6.6bb/100 in 20k hands. I moved to NL10 and now I have 5bb/100 in 25k hands playing 9-12 tables. Is this good enough to move up, to NL25? I would have around 47 buyins in my bankroll but I'm scared of variance. Should I take more time to improve my game first?
      I have found that my winrate at nl2 was terrible, I think because the games are so loose with so many limpers it makes it hard to play mss to its maximum potential. I have found nl4, nl10 and nl25 easier because there are many more blind stealing opportunities which is a big part of the mss strategy. I dont think big bb/100 winrates are really that possible as it is quite a tight game play but as long as I dont start trying to call down too many top pairs and dont call those reraises I normally do ok!! :P

at the moment I'm switching to bss and I have to say mss has really helped me to understand the fundamental structure of poker and i'm hoping this will now show me a profit in the future :P
      It was great to see you at nl10 the other week :P

Roo
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Hi!

I have found that my winrate at nl2 was terrible, I think because the games are so loose with so many limpers it makes it hard to play mss to its maximum potential. I have found nl4, nl10 and nl25 easier because there are many more blind stealing opportunities which is a big part of the mss strategy. I dont think big bb/100 winrates are really that possible as it is quite a tight game play but as long as I dont start trying to call down too many top pairs and dont call those reraises I normally do ok!! :P

At the moment I'm switching to bss and I have to say mss has really helped me to understand the fundamental structure of poker and i'm hoping this will now show me a profit in the future :P
      It was great to see you at nl10 the other week :P

Roo
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      roo, you still didn't sent me a pm with your mail so I can send you my hand database. :(
      Hope to see you again ^^!

Anyway the reason why I want to make the step now is because of the Gladiator promotion and other 2 bonuses I have to finish by juin. Only the bonuses should bring around 400$ so I need to make more points fast :D
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      My winrate from MSSers at NL2 has been great. They constantly try to bluff into the nuts.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      My winrate from MSSers at NL2 has been great. They constantly try to bluff into the nuts.
      ok I admit it! I stray off the charts now and then lol :P
    • conradmafer
      conradmafer
      Bronze
      BadeaCelRau 5bb/100 on NL10 is really nice for me. Did you play by the basic charts, or some more advanced game with statistics? Have you been making some good table selection or just random tables? I also play 16 tables and I wonder how to make that winrate :f_biggrin:
    • crisabsynt
      crisabsynt
      Bronze
      It is possible to win 10-15 bb/100 at NL2 with MSS.
    • jurish123
      jurish123
      Silver
      hard to tell, cause of the swings... But it depents how you play, if you don't go all in whenever you have Flush draw and don't 3bet from blinds like an idiot(8-15%) and think before you check,bet,fold or shove than yes, you can easly beat 5-10bb/100 in the long run, but remember you can easly be 20-50bi under ev by playing MSS, so be carefull :)
    • crisabsynt
      crisabsynt
      Bronze
      Yes you are right, MSS is swingy. Higher variance.

And you maybe be over 50 BI under EV by playing MSS.

But If you insure your all-in hands, you get always money from your equity.

So if you all-in with AA on a 4..5..T flop and villain shows 68, if you lose this hand, your EV line is going up. But your winnings is move down.

If you insured your all- in hand. You always get your equity money. For example: the pot is 5,8 $ and you have 82 % equity to win. You will get 4,75 $.