argh, need help. little tips, anyone?

• thebloke
      thebloke
      Bronze
      I need some tips. Any experienced SNG player here? It's so hard finding hardcore SNG players. Anyway, any kind soul please tell me what modus operandi should i adopt when playing the SNGs at William Hill? I have been analyzing the table at WH and I still can't believe i lost 3 in a row and i'm losing confidence though not really. I am so good at Full Tilt, and it's supposed to be a tougher site. Reg SNGs over there takes about 1 hr and a half to complete, and i have never been placed out of money twice in a row. I could go back to Full Tilt, but i really don't want to waste the Pokerstrategy account and the 30£. The games at WH are really really wierd. Sometimes it takes just 20mins eliminate 7 other players, other times it takes a lot more time to be in the money. You can't make a move or try to bluff or bet at anything at all because people will raise with anything preflop and call your bets with anything. If you hit the top pair, you can't bet big and try to protect your hand either, because some guy would call and score 2 5s at the turn and river. Plus the blind goes up really fast, so you can't do nothing either, or you will end up at the 4th position.

Help me!
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey thebloke,

Would you like me to move this thread to the SnG section of the site so it will be more widely seen by SnG players?

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      I don't play at William Hill, but if things really are as you described, it seems best to just play ABC poker.... don't bluff and valuebet hard.
      I guess you already know that, but you shouldn't refrain from value betting just because "some guy would call and score 2 5s at the turn and river"... you want to bet hard so that he makes a mathematical mistake by calling. If he ends up sucking out... well, bad luck.
      If you just sit there doing nothing you'll be blinded out anyway, so you don't have much of a choice - better get value in when you are a favorite.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

Please visit this thread where pleno1 will be answering all your questions. =)

Ingrid