This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH - AQ TP, missed draws and overbet

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Howdy ho.

Villain is tight aggressive, 13/10

Full Tilt - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $6.22
      BB: $5.32
      UTG: $8.95
      Hero (CO): $12.97
      BTN: $5.32

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:spade: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, SB calls $0.14, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 7:club: T:club: 3:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.87, 2 players) Q:heart:
      SB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

River: ($2.37, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      SB bets $3.00, Hero...?

I took the whole time bank on this river. I thought he could play a set like that, but then I thought he must have been worried of the flush draw and would have raised flop. QQ was very unlikely considering the pre-flop call. Then I saw the missed draws and thought he could bluff them, and his play could make sense on a hearts draw. But the odds are, of course, bad.

So... would a call here be reasonable?

Cheers!

edit: oh, of course, also considering villain, combos like QT or T7 wouldn't make sense at all.

The thing is also: that complete blank on the river is an awful card for him to bluff, isn't it?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

As you understand we mainly beat only bluff there, which includes some missed draws. So basically it's pretty hard Call on river and without really good reads I might even prefer folding unless I have seen his play more.

And with the words that he is tight/aggressive it's hard to say how he does play and either with the VPIP/PFR it's not much to do. :( Basically I could say that there might be spots where I might even Call but not with those basic reads/stats.

Best regards.