UTG ($58.60)
      UTG+1 ($66.15)
      UTG+2 ($73.75)
      MP1 ($30.65)
      MP2 ($50.75)
      Hero ($71.30)
      BTN ($22.30)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BB raises to $5.50, Hero calls $4

FLOP ($11.25) 6:diamond: J:heart: 7:spade:

BB bets $6, Hero calls $6

TURN ($23.25) 6:diamond: J:heart: 7:spade: 5:spade:

BB bets $11, Hero calls $11

RIVER ($45.25) 6:diamond: J:heart: 7:spade: 5:spade: 5:club:

BB bets $18, Hero folds

BB wins $43

Folding that flop where he cbets like 100% seems to weak imo. I considered raising turn and get it in if I have to with NFD+over since villain is a reg and capable of 2 barreling with AK, AQ, maybe even AT. But I thought I could have great implied odds on any X :spade: and that any A would also give me the best hand.
  • 3 replies
    • thazar
      I think you can fold easily against his 3bet pre. There are not many flop that are nice with AT. you are often dominated. As played you did not really connect to the flop and on that dry flop you will surely face a barrel, be it as a bluff or for value, you can fold flop.

I guess if you call the flop, your hand improves on turn + his bet is only 1/2 pot, so the turn call is kinda justified then.

river is obvious fold
    • dubadal
      +1 fold preflop.
      On flop I would prefer to actually raise 2,5x to see where we stand and fold or fire a barrel on turn, depending on villains actions.
      The board is so dry, that we cannot realistically expect to win a showdown.
    • veriz
      Hello EmanuelC16,

Preflop: Don't really see why we should actually Call here, we are most often dominated by any of his 3bet Ax hands. Rather just fold.

As played
      Postflop: Basically if you want to play back then I'd just raise the flop rather than Call. With calling you ain't gonna make fold any kind of hand but with raise you might make some TP/PP type of hand even to fold. But the problem is that it's a 3bet pot and he is less likely to fold his hand. Otherwise don't like your play at all on turn & river, with such a play you will loose a lot money in long run.

Best regards.