[NL2-NL10] AA,KK,QQ,JJ - push preflop

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      I ve seen last two hands and i had similar situations yesterday on NL25 with this hands, all played well pushed preflop (playing SSS) and i was sucked all together i had 280BB downswing in such situations always lucky card for them, most on the river or if i had KK, they had AA, if JJ they had QQ...i dont know bloody Sunday i think..Do somebody had similar situation and such downswing in one day played arround 2k hands...i know i will recover, but it hurts...
  • 11 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Yep, same thing happened to me yesterday. Lost a couple of AA. I had KK, villain had AA or hit their set. Lost AK to KJ, A8, AQ. And all the action happened pre-flop. It was unbelievable. I was 200 BB down, couldn't win a hand. Fortunatelly luck changes like crazy and all of a sudden I was hitting AA on 2-3 tables at a time and I was doubling up. It was a very exciting session. 2200 hands played.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      A 14 Stack Downswing isn´t that uncommon when you run on bad luck. Only thing you can do, is to stay calm, post sample hands, discuss with others over their hands and keep playing, where you also have to keep making the right decisions.

Believe me, it will go up again.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nttflox
      Yep, same thing happened to me yesterday. Lost a couple of AA. I had KK, villain had AA or hit their set. Lost AK to KJ, A8, AQ. And all the action happened pre-flop. It was unbelievable. I was 200 BB down, couldn't win a hand. Fortunatelly luck changes like crazy and all of a sudden I was hitting AA on 2-3 tables at a time and I was doubling up. It was a very exciting session. 2200 hands played.
      :) Good for you in the end, but not for me, when later-o start hitting monsters, everbody was folding pre-flop...beacuse they have read me from before, so my suggestion is, when you are in downswing take a brakethat tables will change :D
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      A 14 Stack Downswing isn´t that uncommon when you run on bad luck. Only thing you can do, is to stay calm, post sample hands, discuss with others over their hands and keep playing, where you also have to keep making the right decisions.

Believe me, it will go up again.
      Agree completely, just i was sad, as this was the biggest downsing i ever faced playing SSS, so i have to share this sadness with someone :( :P
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      the worst one I had was -25 buy-ins)
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      I dont wanna count the max ... i think its around 15 in one session, and well over 30 on streak.
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Two days ago I was getting close to my BRM limit of going up a level and hit a rough patch.

KK v AA x 1
      QQv AA x 2
      QQ v AK x 2
      JJ v KK x 1
      KK v A5s x 1
      JJ v AK, AQ x 2
      JJ v AA x 1 just then

And a range of other foul preflop calls that hit 2 pair or some ridiculous 4 card draw. I don't really care so much about the money but it does make me question my play and confidence
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      I not saying its nothing, but :
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/hu/forum/thread.php?threadid=1424
      Just another normal day for me.

Standard every day thing :

PostFlop allin :

JJ vs AQ, flop JK4, allin, turn T. -1
      AK vs AJ slowplay nutflush +1
      AJ vs A7 calling station +1
      AA vs KT bet till river +1
      52 str +1

Preflop allin :

AK vs JJ -1
      AK vs JJ -1
      AQ vs AK -1
      JJ vs QK -1
      AK vs TT -1
      AK vs AJ +1
      KK vs AK -1

+/-1 is one buyin.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Utahmar
      I not saying its nothing, but :
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/hu/forum/thread.php?threadid=1424
      Just another normal day for me.

Standard every day thing :

PostFlop allin :

JJ vs AQ, flop JK4, allin, turn T. -1
      AK vs AJ slowplay nutflush +1
      AJ vs A7 calling station +1
      AA vs KT bet till river +1
      52 str +1

Preflop allin :

AK vs JJ -1
      AK vs JJ -1
      AQ vs AK -1
      JJ vs QK -1
      AK vs TT -1
      AK vs AJ +1
      KK vs AK -1

+/-1 is one buyin.
      Utahmar, i am sorry for you, as i ve seen your link (is this Hungarian language?..then we are neighbours:) ..nice), i think you are pushing too much preflop. I also used to do that, but i ve found that i am getting better if i check the board structure first, before i push pre-flop if the board is <25% people see flop i ll push all-in less times even with monsters, if the board is >30% i ll push more preflop...BTW. i almost recovered from my last 280BB downswing , i am back 230BB in upswing:) ..after 15k hands on NL25 i am in +2,5PTBB/100hands..
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      if the board is <25% people see flop i ll push all-in less times even with monsters, if the board is >30% i ll push more preflop

I dont understand this one ....

Im not playing much now ( hands, not the time i spend with poker ), and the only reason is, i set up 2 rules :

1., i dont sit down to a table with 8 players ( 9 with 1 sit out )
      2., i dont sit down to a table which has less than 20 vpip after 2 rounds of examination.

With these rules, im not losing now, but it has a "little" drawback ... last day i only played like 100 hands in 3 hours of sitting at the comp...
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Utahmar
      if the board is <25% people see flop i ll push all-in less times even with monsters, if the board is >30% i ll push more preflop

I dont understand this one ....

Im not playing much now ( hands, not the time i spend with poker ), and the only reason is, i set up 2 rules :

1., i dont sit down to a table with 8 players ( 9 with 1 sit out )
      2., i dont sit down to a table which has less than 20 vpip after 2 rounds of examination.

With these rules, im not losing now, but it has a "little" drawback ... last day i only played like 100 hands in 3 hours of sitting at the comp...
      i just want to say if tables with less people see the flop are more tight, so if such situation having hands like TT - QQ and if somebody raise before me, or re-raise me i will less time push compared to tables which are more loose.BTW: is good that you go out if PSF <20% and checking tables..i do the same, but i go out somewhere between PSF 20 - 25%.