[NL2-NL10] AK TDPTK nl100 SH

• saif57
      saif57
      Bronze
      Hello the englis community !!!
      I come from the french community and i would have a other opinion about this hand.

Absolute Life Poker Hampi 0,5/1, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | saw showdown

Button Hero ($389.58)
      SB ($246.25)
      BB ($220)
      UTG UTG ($473.51)
      UTG+1 ($164)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with A:heart: K:spade:
      UTG raises to 4, 1 fold, Hero raises to 21, 1 fold, 1 fold, UTG calls 17.

Flop A:diamond: 3:club: K:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 40, UTG raise 160

hero???

the iformation that i can say: UTG is a MANIAC witch call raise and reraise with any 2.

TY
  • 7 replies
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Reraise. It's quite possible he has a flushdraw in which case you don't want to just call. Apart from that, the only likely hand that beats you is 33. If you say he'll call with any 2, that's exactly what you want, so stick it in as soon as possible.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Given your read it's such an easy shove. The only hands that beat you are AA/KK/33 - AA/KK are very unlikely as only 2 A/K are remaining. 33 is possible. However, there's so much more in the range of a maniac...
    • saif57
      saif57
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Timor83
      Reraise. It's quite possible he has a flushdraw in which case you don't want to just call. Apart from that, the only likely hand that beats you is 33. If you say he'll call with any 2, that's exactly what you want, so stick it in as soon as possible.
      reraise=all in here no?

Originally posted by Thorsten77
      Given your read it's such an easy shove. The only hands that beat you are AA/KK/33 - AA/KK are very unlikely as only 2 A/K are remaining. 33 is possible. However, there's so much more in the range of a maniac...
      for this hand I did all in.......and he show 28:club:
      and he find his flush.....:evil:
      perhaps i had to fold....but i think if i fold here it is too weak!!!
    • saif57
      saif57
      Bronze
      an other question :D

As we are deep the game change no? and the bet preflop?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Hi!

A question. In this hand a shove is obviously the best action, but since he is spoused to be a maniac it is pretty obvious he will call an all in, and it's very likely that he has a flush draw. Soo, that kind off destroys the whole point of the shove, since it won't protect us from a flush draw. Now wouldn't it be better to just call and fold if a another club gets dealt? I mean if he doesn't get his flush, the pot will probably still be big, and he will probably try to bluff the river anyway, but if he gets it(which he did) we can still fold.

Any thoughts?

PS: I would speculate a flush draw because top pair, middle pair and set are less possible. I think a probability calculation would confirm that. And furthermore from my experiences I can say that maniacs really really really like getting it all in on a draw and just watch the turn and river.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      @ Dippy19:
      If you know he has the flush draw, why just call? you're a 66% favorite...If he does call all-in with just a draw, then that's a good thing ^^.
      "Protecting" against a flush draw doesn't mean getting the guy to fold, but to chase his draw against odds. Hence you don't want him to fold
      Well of course then you have variance, which decides to show up the one time it's an 800BB pot, but that's poker ;)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Yeah, well I know that, dough I feel it's much better if he just folds:)
      BUT, in this particular situation the maniac will probably go all in anyway(if we check the river he will surly bluff), my question was basically, why not play it safe? I mean I know if we play hands like this a lot and we shove all of them we are going to be +EV, but in this situation you can save your money by playing safe, if he doesn't hit the flush the pot will probably be the same, but if he hits it on the turn you can save a little money.

Does this make any sanse?

I'm trying to focus on the psychological part of poker, not just the statistical. A very good poker player said that online poker has even more tells than live poker, because people don't think about tells when they sit in front of a computer and nobody can see them.