Referral Link

• bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I have a quick question. When i send people my referral link, it just takes them to the main homepage, and not the register page. If they then go the the register page, there 'referrer' box is blank. So even if they clicked my TaF link, do they still need to enter my name as the referrer? Seems a bit pointless to have my own link if there is no way to tell if it is actually working until after they have signed up

Thanks
  • 9 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi bennisboy,

Pleas ALWAYS ask your referred friends to enter your PokerStrategy.com username when they register. Just to be sure.

Thank you
      Ingrid
    • elsidders
      elsidders
      Bronze
      It may not always be practical to have people fill in the referral field, for example, when referring from a website.

Would it be possible to have the referral field filled in automatically?

Also, does the referral field over-ride the cookie that is set when the referral link is used?
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi Elsidders,

Basically, we use cookies to set the referral code in the backend. It's not displayed on the page when registering, but the referral is still yours.

If someone types a name into the 'referred by' field, this will override any cookie referral, provided that the name entered into the box is valid, otherwise the cookie referral still stands.

How can you optimise this process as a referrer?

My advice would be to advise people to clear their cookies in their web browser before clicking on your affiliation link. This will mean that you don't need to have them type in their name because there is no danger of 'another' affiliation link (they are active for 2 weeks) in the cookies taking your referral.

Please let me know if you have further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Best,

Marc
      Customer Service Manager
      PokerStrategy.com
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • stoleninj
      stoleninj
      Bronze
      I have referred my friend pekijam ,trough my link and he got his 50$, but i can not see him in my referred friends??? Anyone can help? He is one of best players that i have referred, hope he will get me 100$........
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stoleninj
      I have referred my friend pekijam ,trough my link and he got his 50$, but i can not see him in my referred friends??? Anyone can help? He is one of best players that i have referred, hope he will get me 100$........
      Hi there stoleninj,

I can't see pekijam as one of your referred friends unfortunately. Can you check with him if he has done everything according to our promotional page?

He followed a link? Entered your username?

Ingrid
    • stoleninj
      stoleninj
      Bronze
      As i said before he followed my link! Saw it with my own eyes, on his lap top, in my house!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Could you please create a support ticket and let them look into this matter?

Thank you
      Ingrid
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      everybody I tell dosen't trust this site b/c u ask for phone number and i.d, even though it worked for me with just a phone number...how can I ease peoples minds
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey brobz,

with some people, it's difficult to change their minds - however you can try explaining our business model to them. When somebody grasps how we make money, I think the first hurdle is already passed - and when you remind them that we're giving away free money over the internet, they might understand the need for strong security measures better.

We do these checks for your benefit - because if we simply gave away the starting capital to everyone, this would mean an open door for scammers, ultimately leading to us not being able to offer what we do.

Regards,

Hadi