[NL2-NL10] NL5 folding overpair against mr

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I folded here, probably because I was like ... hm .. why would he raise me here with top pair etc. .. do you think it´s too weak ?

Known players:       
      Hero:
      $10,52
      CO:
      $6,3

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, CO calls $0,20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,47) J:spade: , 9:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,32, CO raises to $0,64, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,11
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Depends a lot on the opponent but mainly while the board is somehow dry I sometimes use to fold as well against passive players. Otherwise I might even Call once and reevaluate further streets.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Depends a lot on the opponent but mainly while the board is somehow dry I sometimes use to fold as well against passive players. Otherwise I might even Call once and reevaluate further streets.

Best regards.
      It´s pretty hard for me to say what kind of opponent I am facing since I play rush and elephant does not support stats at rush poker tables yet ... any advices ?

But overall, I folded, because, in general, rush is tighter than normal games and I didn´t want to make any more mistakes on further streets in this hand, esp when being oop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      It´s pretty hard for me to say what kind of opponent I am facing since I play rush and elephant does not support stats at rush poker tables yet ... any advices ?

But overall, I folded, because, in general, rush is tighter than normal games and I didn´t want to make any more mistakes on further streets in this hand, esp when being oop.
      Should still able to make notes, either he is passive/aggressive and so on. Same as playing on cake poker.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Ofc I make notes, bu also, in rush I don´t meet same ppl that often :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      One option would be of course take notes as well after the session if you get displayed any stats but if not then it's a bit harder and have to take more stats.

That's one reason why I don't like rush but definitely it's great game, have tried my own but somehow wasn't really big fan of it, I do relay a lot on stats and of course notes/reads.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      One option would be of course take notes as well after the session if you get displayed any stats but if not then it's a bit harder and have to take more stats.

That's one reason why I don't like rush but definitely it's great game, have tried my own but somehow wasn't really big fan of it, I do relay a lot on stats and of course notes/reads.
      I love rush :D but I will probably mix it with normal cash games .. ok taking notes after session ... I am not sure - can I write notes right into elephant ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

I love rush :D but I will probably mix it with normal cash games .. ok taking notes after session ... I am not sure - can I write notes right into elephant ?
      If it displays the HUD or something similar then you should be as well be able to see the notes, if not then I guess there is not much to do. Only maybe in future you can try out HEM - HoldemManager.