This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 folding overpair against mr

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I folded here, probably because I was like ... hm .. why would he raise me here with top pair etc. .. do you think it´s too weak ?

Known players:       
      Hero:
      $10,52
      CO:
      $6,3

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, CO calls $0,20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,47) J:spade: , 9:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,32, CO raises to $0,64, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,11
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Depends a lot on the opponent but mainly while the board is somehow dry I sometimes use to fold as well against passive players. Otherwise I might even Call once and reevaluate further streets.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Depends a lot on the opponent but mainly while the board is somehow dry I sometimes use to fold as well against passive players. Otherwise I might even Call once and reevaluate further streets.

Best regards.
      It´s pretty hard for me to say what kind of opponent I am facing since I play rush and elephant does not support stats at rush poker tables yet ... any advices ?

But overall, I folded, because, in general, rush is tighter than normal games and I didn´t want to make any more mistakes on further streets in this hand, esp when being oop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      It´s pretty hard for me to say what kind of opponent I am facing since I play rush and elephant does not support stats at rush poker tables yet ... any advices ?

But overall, I folded, because, in general, rush is tighter than normal games and I didn´t want to make any more mistakes on further streets in this hand, esp when being oop.
      Should still able to make notes, either he is passive/aggressive and so on. Same as playing on cake poker.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Ofc I make notes, bu also, in rush I don´t meet same ppl that often :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      One option would be of course take notes as well after the session if you get displayed any stats but if not then it's a bit harder and have to take more stats.

That's one reason why I don't like rush but definitely it's great game, have tried my own but somehow wasn't really big fan of it, I do relay a lot on stats and of course notes/reads.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      One option would be of course take notes as well after the session if you get displayed any stats but if not then it's a bit harder and have to take more stats.

That's one reason why I don't like rush but definitely it's great game, have tried my own but somehow wasn't really big fan of it, I do relay a lot on stats and of course notes/reads.
      I love rush :D but I will probably mix it with normal cash games .. ok taking notes after session ... I am not sure - can I write notes right into elephant ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

I love rush :D but I will probably mix it with normal cash games .. ok taking notes after session ... I am not sure - can I write notes right into elephant ?
      If it displays the HUD or something similar then you should be as well be able to see the notes, if not then I guess there is not much to do. Only maybe in future you can try out HEM - HoldemManager.