[NL2-NL10] QQ set NL100 8H

• saif57
      saif57
      Bronze
      Absolute Life Poker "TURBO" Tennyson 0.50/1, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | saw showdown

Button Hero ($147.55)
      SB SB ($122.65)
      BB ($41.80)
      UTG UTG ($49)
      UTG+1 ($128.90)
      MP ($41.50)
      CO-1 ($88)
      CO ($27.45)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with Q:club: Q:heart:
      UTG calls 1, UTG+1 calls 1, 3 folds, Hero raises to 7, SB calls 6.50, 1 fold, UTG calls 6, 1 fold.

Flop (23.00) 4:spade: T:heart: Q:diamond:
      SB checks, UTG bets 4, Hero raises to 12, SB calls 12, UTG calls 8.

Turn (59.00) 9:club:
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets 36, SB raises to 72, 1 fold, Hero ????
  • 6 replies
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Raise more on the flop - you want to protect your hand. The turn sucks but I don't see me folding with top set. If he has the straight, you know why you should protect ;)
    • saif57
      saif57
      Bronze
      when i bet in this hand i don't want that they fold!!!With top set i want a lot of player in this hand...but i don't the draw X(
      so perhaps i had to bet 15or16 but not a minpot...
      And i go all in the turn
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      You want hands like KQ AQ QT etc to call you, but you don't want to get called by KJ/J9 or some weird gutshot straightdraw, that's why you need to raise more on flop to protect your hand and start building a big pot as early as possible. Ofcourse you will have to push on turn and hope that he doesn't have the straight but this situation could've been avoided by betting more on flop.

Btw. what's the difference between normal ipoker tables and "turbo" tables? does someone know?
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      A smaller timebank I think
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      Yes, u need to act quite fast at the turbo's (like within 10sec orso?). You'll play more hands obviously but I for one time out a lot at turbos when I multitable so I try to avoid them. Missed some big pot because of them. :<
    • saif57
      saif57
      Bronze
      Originally posted by degnic
      You want hands like KQ AQ QT etc to call you, but you don't want to get called by KJ/J9 or some weird gutshot straightdraw, that's why you need to raise more on flop to protect your hand and start building a big pot as early as possible. Ofcourse you will have to push on turn and hope that he doesn't have the straight but this situation could've been avoided by betting more on flop.

Btw. what's the difference between normal ipoker tables and "turbo" tables? does someone know?
      ok i understand it is better that have one player witch bet lot.....that 2 or 3 players witch bet a few but witch find draws.

(sorry my english is very bad ^^)