$EV in 18man SNGs

• ElNunho
      ElNunho
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I need help since I'm going mad trying to figure out how to analyze push/fold spots in 18man superturbos.
      Is there any way to calculate $EV in the first and second table of a 18man 6max SNG?
      I figured out a possible way to do that would be to create a "winner takes all" structure for sng wizard, any thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      not possible in first table.

second table u can use 18man payout structure to give you $EV of a play. but there is no way of producing a $EV graph for 18mans if thats what u are trying to do. requires specific chip counts of every player at every point of the game, which isnt recorded in your own HH.
    • ElNunho
      ElNunho
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee

second table u can use 18man payout structure to give you $EV of a play.
      Really? I tried to do that but it looked like the sng wizard "misread" the spots thinking I was on the bubble or ITM when there actually were 13 or 8 player left.
      Do you think creating a WTA structure could be a decent way of "simulating" the dynamics of multi-table sngs for session reviews?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      yes i meant when there is just 1 table.

the only way to analyse your play during 2 tables is to use cEV. sng wiz has a setting for this. its teh same as WTA
    • muebarek
      muebarek
      Bronze
      Since only 4 players get paid (which doesn't take long to compute for ICM calculators) there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to calculate the exact ICM-$EV, if you knew all stacksizes of both tables.

In praxis, the stacksizes of the table you're not on aren't saved in the hand history and therefore not available for a proper analysis (for example with SNG Wizard). But what you can definitely do is to put up some theoretical examples yourself and study the impacts of ICM in this stage of the 18man tourneys on some examples to get a feel for it.