[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK, very nitty opp, can I find a fold PF?

• QubaBuba
      QubaBuba
      Bronze
      His stats were: PFR 14% (7% from EP) / VPIP 9% (7% from EP) / 3bet 1% (just once defending blind) over ~500 hands.

The 4-bet was very hard for me, I was pretty sure he was holding aces. Can I find a fold in a situation like this?

I believe he'd go AI with KK too, but what is the probability of him holding the two other kings? I'm not sure if I've ever seen this tight type of opponent go broke with QQ.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $3.95
      CO:
      $2.02
      BU:
      $2.07
      SB:
      $3.03
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $4.35
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $9.76
      MP1:
      $5.88
      MP2:
      $2.02

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, K.
      UTG1 raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, 7 folds, UTG1 raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $5.00, UTG1 calls $2.75.

Flop: ($9.42) Q, T, 9 (2 players)

Turn: ($9.42) 6 (2 players)

and luckily...

River: ($9.42) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.42.
      Results follow:

UTG1 shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a straight, king high(K K).

Hero wins with a straight, king high(K K).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello QubaBuba,

Nah, I wouldn't really fold it here either, not on those limits. 1% ain't only AA, he may even 3bet with wider range. And I wouldn't really fold with really good reads or stats. Nice hand!

It's pretty hard to fold KK in that limit while we don't have that great reads. Of course we have stats but still I wouldn't really fold as I went for the 3bet.

One option would be of course to just Call and play postflop against him if you are really sure about the 3bet range of his.

Best regards.