This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 6 max AJs

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $9.52
      CO: $0.09
      BTN: $4.10
      Hero (SB): $12.08
      BB: $6.87

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:club: A:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 4:diamond: 3:spade: T:heart:
      Hero bets $0.51, BTN calls $0.51

Turn: ($1.87, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.87, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

Preflop
      The plan was light 3B... but now I'm studing my opponent and noticed that he wasn't good candidate for that play...
      stats: (88) 32/25 ATS: 26% but F3B: 33% and FCB: 20%
      so what kind of hand I can light 3B? what kind of opponent is the best for this play?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Preflop: Yep, I guess against that kind of opponent I would just Call and play postflop against him. If he has well is somewhat aggressive and floater.
      Postflop: On river it depends actually a lot on the opponent, what kind of aggression does he have. Is he capable of bluffing the river with air or not and therefore I might even prefer to bet myself the river and maybe even get called by some weaker pairs.

so what kind of hand I can light 3B?

Those type of hands are doable as well if they are rather passive postflop but against that kind of floater and if he is aggressive then I usually do with higher PPs the 3bet for value.

what kind of opponent is the best for this play?

The opposite of this opponent? :D Who just play fit/fold postflop and rather doesn't float that many flops. If we do the CBet we will never know where we stand with the Ahigh and can't really do that profitable a 2nd barrel.

Best regards.