$9.73
      BB:
      $2.08
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $5.70
      UTG2:
      $3.01

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.17, 5 folds, BU calls $0.17, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.41) 9, J, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BU raises to $0.56, Hero raises to $1.63, BU calls $1.07.

Turn: ($3.67) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($3.67) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.94, Hero calls $0.94.

Final Pot: $5.55.

Opp stats: VPIP 14/PFR 2/AF 0.7/WTSD 38% - sample size 90

Flop: I'm ahead most of the time here given the range that he called my pre-flop. Therefore, I bet for value and protection, 3bet and try to get most $ into the pot.

Turn: Villain called my flop 3bet, I think he might have AQo+, 2 pairs, sets, flush draws. Most of the combos have beat me here. Therefore, I don't think I'm ahead but I would still like to see the showdown as cheap as possible. My plan is to check and fold to any big bets.

River: River shows another ugly card and I think I'm way behind here. Shld I just fold to any bets here? Villain bet very small here and I just need to get it right 1 out of 4 times if I call.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello slashng,

Flop: While he is rather passive then this type of play is pretty close, I do sometimes even fold it here if he is really that passive but while there are few draws and maybe even worse Ax which he could min-raise I'd just Call and reevaluate on further streets. We likely just isolating us against better hands in this situation while he seems to be pretty passive.

As played
      Turn: Check/Fold, not much to do.
      River: Even for those odds I wouldn't Call here, only reason to Call here is that you wanted to take note on him. You wont win it that often to make it profitable. Just curious what did he have?

Best regards.
    • slashng
      slashng
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello slashng,

Flop: While he is rather passive then this type of play is pretty close, I do sometimes even fold it here if he is really that passive but while there are few draws and maybe even worse Ax which he could min-raise I'd just Call and reevaluate on further streets. We likely just isolating us against better hands in this situation while he seems to be pretty passive.

As played
      Turn: Check/Fold, not much to do.
      River: Even for those odds I wouldn't Call here, only reason to Call here is that you wanted to take note on him. You wont win it that often to make it profitable. Just curious what did he have?

Best regards.

Thanks for the review! He have AcKc.