This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 25 AA on dry board

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25.45
      UTG:
      $27.70

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , A:heart:
      UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 6 folds, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35) J:diamond: , 4:spade: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2, UTG calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.35) 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG raises to $8.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $18.35

Would you check behind on that dry board and call river or would you valuebet turn and take probably free showdown
  • 8 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Would you check behind on that dry board and call river or would you valuebet turn and take probably free showdown
      I'd bet the flop+turn+river(probably) if I was readless. I wouldn't fold AA either unless I had some sort of super-read.

Some stats/reads would be very helpful in trying to answer your question. Why don't you include PT stats Kaitz?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Probably, because player is unknown:)
      or I´m too lazy to search. Can´t say that I had some kind of read against him.
    • Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      With just a pair I check-behind turn (to avoid check-raises :P ) and call any bet on river, regardless what card comes down. The problem here is that the only thing you beat is a bluff :/
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I thought that also, that i could only beat bluff on that turn. Maybe also 55. I think I mix it up a little bit checking behind is sometimes fine, especially against aggressive players.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Its a good spot to check behind. In most cases, he has a pocket. Against a set you want to keep the pot small. A middle pocket often folds to a turn bet, but calls a river bet if you check the turn.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Probably, because player is unknown:)
      or I´m too lazy to search. Can´t say that I had some kind of read against him.

Why not let "Grab'Em" do it for you?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      how:) ?
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      how:) ?
      Click on the "Database button" above the main window and tell Grab Em all about your DB. Import a hand and toggle the "Stats " button in the "view options" located beneath the main window.