This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH AKs MP

• alexgrapid
      alexgrapid
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $12.89
      MP2:
      $7.82
      MP3 (Hero):
      $21.06
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $10.75
      SB:
      $14.75

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 5, 4, J (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.75) Q (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.25, MP2 calls $0.85.

River: ($3.25) T (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.80, MP2 raises to $6.27, Hero calls $2.47.

Final Pot: $15.79.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, ace high(Kh Ah).
      MP2 shows three of a kind, fives(5h 5s).

Hero wins with a straight, ace high(Kh Ah).

Villain is 45/36/AF 5.5/WTS 33/34 hands.I just called pre to induce a squeeze from a tag behind me , I had 3 agrro tags behind. And I also knew that I can play this donk postflop in position .Do you think that my raise on turn is ok or I should have called and take the odds .On river I think I should have raised , I bet so small to annoy him and induce a call by a Q or a J or something like that .
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello alexgrapid,

Preflop: Guess it's somewhat fine to do the Call here, although I guess I would basically just go myself for the 3bet and play HU against him.

As played
      Flop: You can easily even donk it here while it often it's the case when they Check then they likely are giving it up. Unless he has really a big CBet and now is Checking to us, this often times means a trap.
      Turn: Nah, should be still fine to raise. You can make to fold a lot of pairs and even if you get Called then you have still a lot of outs. Just would be ugly if we get 3bet then I'd act accordingly and play for the implied odds.
      River: Just shove directly, don't make such a raise. He is such a fish and might be even capable of calling with a lot of hands.

Best regards.