[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH AKs MP

• alexgrapid
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 5, 4, J (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.75) Q (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.25, MP2 calls $0.85.

River: ($3.25) T (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.80, MP2 raises to $6.27, Hero calls $2.47.

Final Pot: $15.79.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, ace high(Kh Ah).
      MP2 shows three of a kind, fives(5h 5s).

Hero wins with a straight, ace high(Kh Ah).

Villain is 45/36/AF 5.5/WTS 33/34 hands.I just called pre to induce a squeeze from a tag behind me , I had 3 agrro tags behind. And I also knew that I can play this donk postflop in position .Do you think that my raise on turn is ok or I should have called and take the odds .On river I think I should have raised , I bet so small to annoy him and induce a call by a Q or a J or something like that .
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello alexgrapid,

Preflop: Guess it's somewhat fine to do the Call here, although I guess I would basically just go myself for the 3bet and play HU against him.

As played
      Flop: You can easily even donk it here while it often it's the case when they Check then they likely are giving it up. Unless he has really a big CBet and now is Checking to us, this often times means a trap.
      Turn: Nah, should be still fine to raise. You can make to fold a lot of pairs and even if you get Called then you have still a lot of outs. Just would be ugly if we get 3bet then I'd act accordingly and play for the implied odds.
      River: Just shove directly, don't make such a raise. He is such a fish and might be even capable of calling with a lot of hands.

Best regards.