New Here

• Zappa64
      Zappa64
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Been playing online for a couple of years now on PKR, but new to Pokerstrategy. So far, love the site. So much info to go through. Who knows, maybe one day play at a table together.

Zappa64
      Ontario, Canada :pokerface:
  • 15 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Hi Zappa64,

Welcome to pokerstrategy! :)
      There is indeed a lot of content which can be a tremendous help to poker players at all levels. As you go up in status level, you will be unlocking even more content from articles, videos and coachings.

Maybe we will play together one day. :) We look forward to seeing you around. Do you still play at PKR? it's probably the most unique room out there in my opinion. :D my favorite is the chicken dance. hehe..

smiles,

Wendy
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Hi, Zappa,

I'm in downtown Toronto myself. Which part of Ontario are you in?

I'm currently concentrating on playing live, first 2/5 limit at Brantford and eventually 1/2 NL at Niagara (not Fallsview as I loathe Fallsview). But even that is on hold while I recover from my bronchitis, which I probably got from commuting to Brantford five days in a row. :(

If you want to talk local matters feel free to friend me through the Community button at the top of this page. I'm in email contact with a number of fellow GTA residents, one of whom is very enthusiastic about live charity tournaments etc. occurring in the GTA.

Regards.
    • Zappa64
      Zappa64
      Bronze
      I'm from Cambridge, about 20 mins from Brantford. I don't get there very often even though it is so close. I don't get to play live very much, but would like to start. Maybe one day we will meet at brantford.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Zappa64
      I'm from Cambridge, about 20 mins from Brantford. I don't get there very often even though it is so close. I don't get to play live very much, but would like to start. Maybe one day we will meet at brantford.
      If it helps, Brantford's poker room is strictly limit. It goes from 2/5 to 20/40 with occasionally 50/100 if there's enough interest. I play 2/5 and buy in for $100 and have never needed to rebuy yet.

To get to Brantford by car, take the 403 to the King George Road North exit. At the top of the ramp hang a left. You'll see the intersection with King George Road just ahead of you, so go left again. Keep going straight until you reach Brant Street (which is right after a railway underpass) and then hang a left. Keep going until you see the entrance to the cardroom parking lot on your right-hand side. That's 4.4 km of city driving but the lights are well-synchronized and it's a fast drive.

To get there by bus, take the Greyhound to Brantford bus station. It runs four or five times a day and a round-trip ticket should be about $13. When you arrive you can pay about $6.50 for a taxi or just walk about 5-10 minutes. Outside the bus station front entrance go left to the first intersection, then hang a right, cross the street, and keep walking straight. The street will become a walkway ending in an elevated parking lot. At the far end of the parking lot is a set of stairs you can take down to ground level, and from there you can see the cardroom parking lot and the cardroom. (Note that this walk takes you past a homeless shelter, but nobody has ever bothered me when I've taken it, and after dark I just spend $7 on a taxi back to the bus station.)

Once I'm healed up I plan to play on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 3 pm to about 9 pm. If you plan to be there let me know.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      And don't forget to take pictures for us! =) Its always fun to see when our members manage to meet up.

Welcome to our Community Zappa64!

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here at PokerStrategy.com! As far as I can see, you are off to a good start! =)

Looking forward to see you on the forum!
      Ingrid

Ps: get better belayd! :(
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Ps: get better belayd! :(
      Thank you. I'm already feeling better except when I cook. Then the fumes from a dirty stove/oven make it hard for me to breathe. Maybe I'll just live on pizza for the next three weeks. :p (If you've heard Weird Al's _The Complicated Song_, then you know what the problem with that is.)

Just to give you even more information that you have no interest in, since I got sick, my weight has dropped from about 205 lbs to about 196. By the time I'm healed up I might be at my goal weight of 180. Wotta way to do it.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      just watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow.
    • Zappa64
      Zappa64
      Bronze
      Woohoo!! I got my $50 starting capital on Full Tilt now!! Looking forward to building it up with the help from everyone here!!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Woohoo!! I got my $50 starting capital on Full Tilt now!! Looking forward to building it up with the help from everyone here!!
      Congrats and keep us updated! =)

@conall88, yellow snow? :f_confused:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      It's an old Canadian joke, Ingrid. In fact, I think it's a line from a Canadian folk song. The Inuit native people of Canada (who used to be called Eskimos) live in the far north where there's snow nearly all year round. Traditionally they have used huskies (a breed of dog similar to a wolf) to pull sleds along the snow for long-distance travel. The huskies are usually trained to pee in specific places so that clean snow can be used for water. Alas, the huskies occasionally misbehave and pee in the wrong place. Snow that has been peed upon is yellow. Clear enough? :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      It's an old Canadian joke, Ingrid. In fact, I think it's a line from a Canadian folk song. The Inuit native people of Canada (who used to be called Eskimos) live in the far north where there's snow nearly all year round. Traditionally they have used huskies (a breed of dog similar to a wolf) to pull sleds along the snow for long-distance travel. The huskies are usually trained to pee in specific places so that clean snow can be used for water. Alas, the huskies occasionally misbehave and pee in the wrong place. Snow that has been peed upon is yellow. Clear enough? :)
      Ok I think I've got the whole Canada/huskies thing by default.. I was lacking the "pee in the wrong place" story behind :f_biggrin: Thanks belayd for clarifying this!
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      What game variant(s) are you playing and on which site?

Note that some sites have automatic bankroll protection for the $50. For example, on William Hill you can't play stakes higher than 4NL or 20LHE during your first month on the site. For STTs and MTTs I think your buyin cap is $1 (not including rake).
    • Zappa64
      Zappa64
      Bronze
      Actually, It is a line from the Frank Zappa song "Nanook Rubs It"
    • Zappa64
      Zappa64
      Bronze
      What game variant(s) are you playing and on which site?
      I have taken a quick peek at FTP, will maybe start to play on there tonight.

99% of my online is with PKR and I play the $1/$3/$5 SnG double thrus, and .02/.04 or the .05/.10 ring games.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i love that song. frank zappa is a legend. :D

dont eat the yellow snow!