Beginner Bad Beats

• ProfiNub
      ProfiNub
      Bronze
      Post here about ur BadBeats.. my worst bad beats are when my whole power house burns after river :) or when i lose with set after flop on turn or river. bah i think i could go on with this list and it would never end but thats it for now by me. Ps: Not sure if its allowed to post such a thread in beginners questions but hopefully i won't get punished for this :D
  • 16 replies
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      You won't get punished, but bad beat stories are so common that most experienced poker players don't want to hear them. They've had enough of their own.

I'm not hugely experienced but have lots of bad beat stories. I regard them as just part of poker and don't think too much about them after hand review has established that I played the hand right and just suffered variance.
    • ProfiNub
      ProfiNub
      Bronze
      good one,i must agree i guess even if i play poker just for few months but im really active so.. i had a bad beat alot of times aswell.. just now i got eliminated on PS in a freeroll german tourney Four for Free which has just like 200Euro prize pool, i had K:club: K:diamond: on BB, guy on UTG raised to 21k
      (he had 6:diamond: 6:heart:) blinds were 1500/3000 Ante 300, so i reraised him to my all in (22886) Flop arrived with K:heart: 4:heart: 5:spade: The turn : 6:club: and the river : 6:spade:

So the river destroyed me "nicely" damn :p
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      The bad beat thread! Brilliant, vent here instead of posting lots of threads. Could get a pretty epic thread :)
    • GailneyMill
      GailneyMill
      Global
      If you've played more than about 10 hands of poker the odds are that you have suffered a bad beat. For those of you who haven't a bad beat is basically when your good hand loses to some garbage. Bad Beat stories are a staple of poker literature/conversation. Nobody particularly to some garbage. From here EDITED BY IngridN you may get more information on bad beats.
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      I just played hand where i suffered bad beat:

I raise A :club: 4 :club: ,opponent calls with 7 :spade: 7 :heart: and we go all in on flop 7 :club: K :club: 2 :diamond: and i didnt hit :club: on turn or river,so sick.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by StusMagic

I raise A :club: 4 :club: ,opponent calls with 7 :spade: 7 :heart: and we go all in on flop 7 :club: K :club: 2 :diamond: and i didnt hit :club: on turn or river,so sick.
      Are you sure that your draw failing to come in is a bad beat?

My definition of a bad beat is different from most people's. The place I play live LHE has a bad beat jackpot in which the losing hand must be at least JJJ88. To my own thoughts only losing with an Aces-full boat counts as a truly bad beat.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      imo everything below and including 2 outer equity wise is a bad beat
    • Zappa64
      Zappa64
      Bronze
      thats not a bad beat, just a missed draw.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zappa64
      thats not a bad beat, just a missed draw.
      Originally posted by belayd
      Originally posted by StusMagic

Are you sure that your draw failing to come in is a bad beat?

My definition of a bad beat is different from most people's. The place I play live LHE has a bad beat jackpot in which the losing hand must be at least JJJ88. To my own thoughts only losing with an Aces-full boat counts as a truly bad beat.
      outtrolled hard :coolface:
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      ???

I didn't think I was trolling.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      ???

I didn't think I was trolling.
      I don't know about you, but he was trolling. It's not bad beat at all. KK allin preflop loss against lower pocket pair is not bad beat too(if not main event final table for deep stacks), it's about 80% to 20% and it doesn't matter how you lose postflop, against flush, set, straight, or quads. You have to lose those sometimes.
    • DanMeaks
      DanMeaks
      Bronze
      Bad beat is QJ hand cards, QJK river and being called down to the river even when you raise 65 - 70% post flop, and post turn....and a T hits the river. You've been sat there 2 hours waiting for a decent hand (when holding AA, KK everybody folds your raise) to compete with.

Those down swings are hard going.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.88)
      Hero ($10.32)
      UTG ($28.42)
      UTG+1 ($7.35)
      CO ($24.26)
      BTN ($7.23)

Dealt to Hero 9:club: 9:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.50, fold, SB calls $0.45, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($2) J:heart: 9:spade: 6:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2, CO folds, SB calls $2, Hero raises to $9.82 (AI), UTG+1 calls $4.85 (AI), SB calls $2.38 (AI)

TURN ($20.08) J:heart: 9:spade: 6:spade: J:spade:

RIVER ($20.08) J:heart: 9:spade: 6:spade: J:spade: J:diamond:

UTG+1 shows K:club: J:club:
      (Pre 34%, Flop 2.8%, Turn 16.7%)

SB shows A:spade: T:spade:
      (Pre 36%, Flop 28.9%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows 9:club: 9:diamond:
      (Pre 30%, Flop 68.3%, Turn 83.3%)

UTG+1 wins $19.08

If the guy with flushdraw didn't call, it would have been bad beat.

Now it is bad beat for us both as 3% hand won.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Pretty loose call by both opponents. Did you end up winning your money back from both of them?
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Pretty loose call by both opponents. Did you end up winning your money back from both of them?
      I don't remember, it was long ago. They were very short, so it's not that loose, they were pot comited I gues. I beleive I did get my money back + some more from one of those guys.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      If you post a thread or post about how unlucky you are and how much bad beats you've had and are posting hands. or like i had KK preflop he had J7 and makes straight on fop.

Then you've seen NOTHING yet.