When You Can't Get Anywhere.

• RobClifton9
      RobClifton9
      Bronze
      Just wandered if there is any advice for me. Been playing for about 5 hours, on very low fixed limits. I'm using the guide for hands, and playing what I have fairly well, however I just can't seem to get any hands, and blinds eat me up. Have lost $3 on the fixed limit $0.05/$0.1 . What should I do?? Some of my hands are on the fixed limit $0.05/$0.1 forum.
  • 7 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I think the best advice is to keep playing and dont lose faith in your charts. Things will turn around also keep posting hands and listen to the advice from the judges keep reading articles and you could maybe see what vids are available for you in the videos section i dont play fixed limit so i dunno what you can get at bronze level but its well worth checking

Good luck mate
    • antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RobClifton9
      Just wandered if there is any advice for me. Been playing for about 5 hours, on very low fixed limits. I'm using the guide for hands, and playing what I have fairly well, however I just can't seem to get any hands, and blinds eat me up. Have lost $3 on the fixed limit $0.05/$0.1 . What should I do?? Some of my hands are on the fixed limit $0.05/$0.1 forum.
      1. Play at least 5k hands before making conclusions
      2. Set autorebuy
      3. Big hands are not buses, there is no timetable for them
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by antonio47211
      Originally posted by RobClifton9
      1. Play at least 5k hands before making conclusions
      2. Set autorebuy
      3. Big hands are not buses, there is no timetable for them
      Pretty much this.

Patience + Hard Work + Willingness to learn + Little but of luck = Winning.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Sorry, you say you've played five hours of 5/10 limit and have lost $3 mostly because of folding the blinds. That's a loss of about 6 big bets per hour. Such losses are well within variance, and in fact your variance is kind of low. All things being equal, your variance should swing in the other direction and you should be able to win back what you lost, and probably win even more, if you remain disciplined and play sound strategy.

If you find yourself losing discipline because of repeated folding, try playing two tables, because then the chance of getting a playable hand on one of the two tables should be double what it is on just one table. (I think that's true, and if it isn't the math-heads on the forum can correct me.) Under proper BRM it doesn't matter how many tables you play as long as you don't get confused by too many things going on at once.
    • RobClifton9
      RobClifton9
      Bronze
      Thank you everyone, it's really helped my confidence as a beginner. Straight in and won some back. So thank you.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      for beginners I'd recommend one tabling.

also, the proportion of big hands (as a function of all total hands) shouldn't increase playing more than one table, although the amount of big hands within a given time will increase (or, at least, it could/should). However, note that the same thing happens with weak and medium hands so it doesn't make too much difference.

Don't concentrate on getting nut hands, concentrate on playing well, learning and extracting max value.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Thanks for the corrections, Marc. :) I'm sorry I misinformed the OP.