Average Joe at poker

• sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      About me:
      My name is Edgars. Im 22 y/o student from Latvia. Im studying Electronics. Its graduating year at University for me, but seems that I wont pass everything this year. In free time I mostly play poker or just relax with my friends.
      Poker:
      I found out about poker in first year of University. At first I was like: "no, no. Thats gambling, thats bad." But when I played for the first time, it looked like its a nice game, but I shouldnt play it for real money and until that Im ok. 2 years ago, in summer I found out about poker a little more and it turned out its not all about gambling.
      Somewhere in 2009 September I found PokerStrategy.com, got 50$ and in the first 40 min I made like 28$ with SSS. Of course I was on heater, but I didnt knew about variance anything. I though that Im that good, that I dont need to stick to starting hand chart and you can imagine what happened there :D
      Till about 2010 April I was just busting some free starting rolls just like that and made few 10$ deposits too. But then I told to myself that I wont deposit anymore and will play freerolls till I get starting $. About in 2010 August I won 12$ from freeroll at Poker Stars. And then my journey began.
      Won 1$ tournament for 110$ and about week after that 266$ at another 1$ for 5th place. In December I won 2.2$ 6-max tournament for 1.1k and started to play some 180's turbos and normals. In December I was up like 1.7k which was huge for me. January 2011 was the month I was introduced to variance big time (about 600$ downswing) but I managed to make BE month anyways.
      Then I started to grind cash games 6-max mostly. Took everything out except 110$. In 35 days my Bankroll was 950$ and started NL25. Then I got quite sick downswing (about 30BI in 20k hands).
      After that I just wanted to play some tournaments just to relax from cash games. Managed to get 2 FT's in 3 days (1k+ fields) but.. I failed at final tables. Played like week more and then I did came my turn. I finished in top 3 at Daily 40k for 5k$. It was 3-way chop. so now.. Im back at cash games, since I got back to regular 600$ downswing which I kinda deserved I guess :D In April I broke my volume record - played 140 hours (That may be the reason Im not doing that good at University :D ).
      Now I deposited 800eur into 24h poker like week ago and have playing there like 4 days at NL20 eur now. And here is the graph so far:
      [img][IMG]https://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4475/24hc.png[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

So Im in green now and thats good. :)

Short term Goals:
      [ ] 50k Hands in May
      [ ] Update blog at least once a week
      [ ] Study more poker
      [ ] Do as much as I can at University
      [ ] Shot at NL50

Long term goals
      [ ] Go pro
      [ ] NL100 by the end of summer
      [ ] NL200 by the end of this year
      [ ] Buy something nice from poker earnings

The aim of this blog should be to start improve my game more and stay to my goals. Any ideas how should be my playing time vs study poker time ratio? At the moment its like 15:1. I dont think its even close to enough...

And some thread savers as requested. :f_biggrin:
      [img][IMG]https://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6309/image4184.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

P.S. sorry about my english :) I hope it will improve in time :rolleyes:
  • 75 replies
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      nice story bro :f_biggrin:
      well i kno u'll fail UNI goal for sure, so i won't be all that "quit poker and study", just do what u think is right and u will get what u deserve :D
      hmm.. this blog asks for some threadsavers already :D don't u think? :f_grin:
    • MissLT
      MissLT
      Bronze
      i read u goals, and one thing was funny for my :) ) to buy something nice from poker earnings :) )) i newer was big pro, but at leats i buy i car for my self from poker earnings and few hollidays :) ))
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      At the moment Im living from poker since December, so I guess Im half way there at first point of Long terms :D
      But yea, I try to not spend that much money, since I have got some 1/2 BR downswings and kinda keep some money for "just in case". And the aim is Mitsubishi Lanceler 2008 :f_love:
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Sounds like you're not average Joe with those results. Pretty much the storyline most of us around here would like to have - in particular the part about cashing big on so many MTTs.

Good luck will be following this.
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Thanks all for coming to my blog. Im glad you saw something impressive in it (if you did :D ). Ill try to keep it coming :f_biggrin:

I worked on my MTT game alot to get there :) But since MTT= soul crushing variance, I just play them like once in 1-2 weeks or so :)
      well its still Average Joe imo. as far as I have got right now.. Its not so hard to do. :) Just put in some time :)
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      nice girl u got there, tho pls don't post my girlfriend anymore :evil:
      obv every1 likes to buy sumtin from poker, thats why we play right? :D
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Update

So after I made my blog I didnt run that good and I didnt had any volume too so.. Lost about 20$ in tournaments(by playing 11-26$ tourneys) which is nothing. At cash tables well.. Feeding fishes is always a good thing :D

Nothing to be worried or anything. Just a regular variance :)
      P.S.
      I have some interesting hands too, but Ill put them later. mFTOPS and one more 26$ tournament is starting in a minute :)

And.. Some thread savers :)

• TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      looks like shes holding some cheap chips :D
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      still running bad..at the moment las 6 days is constant losing streak whitch sucks obv. total lost 370eur=18.5BI. Made some silly plays too so... Now Ill take few days off poker, since I have exam in 4 days. In that time Ill pake some rewievs and will read one book. some lets hope Ill come with some new moves and will destroy everyone. :f_biggrin:

ohh almost forgot.. at tournaments Im losing too.. about -300$ in last 6 days.
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      u obv was just "fish on a heater " :f_biggrin:
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      seems so.. :rolleyes:
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      oke so Im still struggling - cant cash at tournaments at all. Playing cash games close to break even.
      Well thats mostly because I had like no time to put volume in it, so variance decreases. Thats sux a lot :( Its because of school. I have done quite much in it.
      I have watched alot of videos. Really like Fongie's playing style. (If you will ever fallow my blog - thank you :) ) I think I improved my game a bit, but still have alot to do. I had 17/14 with 6% 3bet style, but now its 18/16 with 8% 3bet. Putting more pressure on opponents now :) (not much, but still more :) )
      hmm thats about it I guess :)
      graph from this week:

next week Ill have alot to do in school, but I hope to put in atleast 20h of play anyways, so I get Platinum next month (not that I need it for NL20, but still my e-penis will be bigger at that point :D )
      P.S. I feel a bit ill right now, so, T1ltMuch, no thread savers today, sorry :D
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      u sad fish no thread savers, what will i fap at now? joke obv :f_biggrin:

poker: volume rly do suck for u this week :D anyhow u will be back on track in summer :f_cool:
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Thats the plan :)
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Today poker gods was on my side again ^^
      Played NL20eur and graph looks like this:

Lately I was improving my game a lot (I guess I say this all the time tho :D )

Today I was doing quite much for University too, but managed to play 2.4k hands and attend coaching. I guess finally I use my time more for things that matters ^^

Some thread savers, so I have some1 to read this blog too :D

P.S I might put some hands too, but donno what kinda hands you wanna see here, so let me know :)
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      i want to see some hands where u limp ur AA and get crushed by ATC :D
      solid threadsaver, next put a woman with some boobies tho :f_biggrin:
      and i see ur on a heater again :D
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      well.. I dont have any hands were I limp AA :D Sorry about that :D
      but this shows how excellent players is at this limit :D

Bouth was fishes obvious. The shortie was expected to stack off with any pair he gets and the other one is just a station. Everything works quite well for me :)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($32.49)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($21.62)
      UTG+1 ($3.98)
      CO ($12.62)
      BTN ($20.39)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.80, CO calls $0.80

FLOP ($3.20) 2:spade: 5:heart: J:club:

Hero bets $2.40, UTG+1 raises to $2.98 (AI), CO calls $2.98, Hero calls $0.58

TURN ($12.14) 2:spade: 5:heart: J:club: 8:spade:

Hero bets $9.10, CO calls $8.64 (AI)

RIVER ($29.42) 2:spade: 5:heart: J:club: 8:spade: 9:diamond:

Hero shows K:diamond: K:spade:
      (Pre 66%, Flop 63.3%, Turn 83.3%)

UTG+1 shows 4:club: 5:club:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 27.7%, Turn 11.9%)

CO shows K:heart: J:diamond:
      (Pre 9%, Flop 9.0%, Turn 4.8%)

Hero wins $27.95

And yea.. Fish need to survive somehow.. So I need heaters to do so :D

P.S. I dont know why it shows all in $.. should be EUR, but I dont think its changes things here
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      those aren't rleal fishes, real fishes always have more than 1 stack at table :D
      btw i finnaly had a green session at 3AM :D
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Update

Ok so since I have exams and alot to do in studies, Ill take 2 weeks break, mean while Ill study poker-wise too. Ill switch to NL25 FR rush so I can put insane volume in it (my plan is to get atleast 300k hands till August 31)

About this month..
      Well since I had not that much time to play, I didnt make 50k hands this month, And variance spanked my ass quite good :D
      I was running like 10 BIs under ev too, but since I dont care about ev line but about winning line I wont put it here, just mentioning it for fun :D

This month I pretty much bonus whored :D
      Had some bad investments too, were I lost about 300$ and ran quite bad in MTT's myself, were I lost another 300$. So this month is first red one since December, but what ever, there is still money to be won and soon Ill have time to take it too :)
      One more thing that I missed: Ill be Platinum next month :)