This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 44 bluff on turn

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $27.15
      CO:
      $26.03
      BU (Hero):
      $25.00
      SB:
      $25.10
      BB:
      $25.00
      MP2:
      $26.54

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4, 4.
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 7, 2, J (2 players)
      CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) 9 (2 players)
      CO bets $3.60, Hero raises to $10.00, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.95.

Villain-unknown.Is call pre better vs CO than 3bet with no history?My plan is to either float flop if he checks turn or to raise a spade turn if he bets itIs raise size ok?.Is it reasonable or am I overplaying unnecessarily?What about a direct flop raise?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Is call pre better vs CO than 3bet with no history?
      - I think call is better, since you can always hit set and win big pot against his overpair and you don´t want to raise/shove if he is going to 4-bet

My plan is to either float flop if he checks turn or to raise a spade turn if he bets itIs raise size ok?
      - should be ok, but don´t always do that since then he doesn´t really give you no credit and might easily bluffshove with any high spade

Is it reasonable or am I overplaying unnecessarily?
      - to balance out your play when you have there sets or flushes I think ti should be fine

What about a direct flop raise?
      - if you don´t expect him either to bluffraise back and play honest then I don´t mind it
      But at the same time you should also balance that out by raising flop AJ, strong draws and sets