[NL2-NL10] NL10 defending my BB with a weak queen

• nonamesleft
      Normally I wouldn't defend my BB with Q8o from an utg raise but this player has been raising and reraising in a lot of pots. They have attacked my BB 3 times from utg in only 6 orbits, and has been taking down a lot of pots with no showdown.

Apart from not folding preflop is my play OK? I felt that if the villain had anything much they would have reraised on the flop.

I set myself up for the shove on the river, figuring that the villain was weak, but should i have played it differently?

Party Poker $10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $10.00
      SB: $10.19
      Hero (BB): $9.98
      UTG: $20.04
      UTG+1: $10.00
      MP1: $3.86
      MP2: $10.00
      CO: $15.59

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 8:spade: Q:club:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 3:heart: J:heart: 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.55, UTG calls $0.95

Turn: ($3.95) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, UTG calls $2.20

River: ($8.35) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.83 all in, UTG calls $5.83
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello nonamesleft,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Basically even if he is raising a lot of hands I wouldn't really Call with Q8, there is not much you can hit with it. Just fold the hand.

As played
      Flop: Should be reasonable, although depends a lot on the opponent, sometimes I might just donk myself here.
      Turn: Guess I'd basically just give it up here, I don't think that he is likely giving up the hand which he Called on flop, therefore I'd Check/Fold.

As played
      River: Not much to do, I wouldn't Check/Fold here either.

Best regards.