[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, deep stacks, nut flush on paired board

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: unknown.

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1303759
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $4.44
      SB: $10.00
      Hero (BB): $21.51
      UTG: $10.89
      MP: $2.32
      CO: $26.44

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A:diamond: Q:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, CO calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25) 7:heart: 3:diamond: Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.65) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

River: ($10.05) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.75, Hero calls $4.75

I decided to take passive line postflop, because board came very dry and I certainly didn't want to get raised on that type of board, also very bad board to value bet.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

While you are against unknown I'd basically just bet myself, and as played river, I don't really see why you did Check there, rather bet big for value yourself than this way as you played. In long run you likely losing money playing this way with your made hands.

Of course FH is possible but it's not that likely.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

Would you bet only river, or value bet every street? I decided to take passive line because of being afraid of check/raise, that would probably mean I need to fold my TPTK on such a dry board. And somehow I believed the opponent is capable of doing such a move with some mediocre hand, like 99-TT - just "for info".
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Hi veriz,

Would you bet only river, or value bet every street? I decided to take passive line because of being afraid of check/raise, that would probably mean I need to fold my TPTK on such a dry board. And somehow I believed the opponent is capable of doing such a move with some mediocre hand, like 99-TT - just "for info".
      The thing is that a lot weak hands he could easily just Check behind on river and we want to avoid that. Even if you played passively flop&turn it's not a mistake and sometimes I do it as well, I do like to play vs aggressive opponents this way. But while you really hit the hand I'd rather donk myself there to avoid him Checking behind while he may still pay us.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well yes, I probably began to give too much credit for rush players, tho I value bet less where I should.. Just one more little question - lets say we donk out 7$ on the river and get shoved - should we call according to the pot odds (roughly 27%), or there's no way he might have a weaker hand/bluff?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Well yes, I probably began to give too much credit for rush players, tho I value bet less where I should.. Just one more little question - lets say we donk out 7$ on the river and get shoved - should we call according to the pot odds (roughly 27%), or there's no way he might have a weaker hand/bluff?
      Don't think that I would get away while only reasonable hand he might have and beats us is like 33, while we block one Q then QQ is unlikely and maybe small % Q7 while he may as well have flush. And of course he may do sometimes the dumb move even to get it in with 7x. But the main point is that we would have played it much differently and maybe even folding could be possible but while we didn't really show much aggression then he may easily try to bluff us out. What did he have?