[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AA problems again

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: 15/13/9.3 during 283 hands. 3bet 7.7 (11 from BB). Aggression on streets (F/T/R) - 18.0/5.0/5.0.

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1303766
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $13.32
      BB: $9.40
      Hero (UTG): $10.97
      MP: $4.71
      CO: $17.62
      BTN: $15.38

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A:diamond: A:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.35) 7:spade: 3:diamond: K:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.35) T:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($9.35) J:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.90 all in, Hero ???

Small 4bet - guilty for that. But his 4bet call and check flop was very unusual, according to his aggression stats. And the flop was one of the dryest possible, so I guess no point to cbet? The same with turn - only better will call my push here. And the river - now basically there are no hands that I beat that would play this way - except QQ and AK. I don't believe he can have QQ here (would simply push preflop), and AK.. well, slowplayed KK makes a lot more sense than AK here.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Guess as you went for such a trap then there is not much to change in the play. Although I'd basically just CBet the flop while he is still aggressive, of course your line is possible as well.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      And what about the super dry board - would you go broke here if your cbet gets raised/called?
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      And what about the super dry board - would you go broke here if your cbet gets raised/called?
      he looks like a solid tag, so can't imagine him 3-betting preflop oop with 33, 77, K7 or K3; same way, him not going broke with KK after your 4-bet is possible but unlikely. Which gives him AK, KJs+ and TT+, you being ahead of them all on flop, so I'd say cbet and shove if raised.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, it's a 4bet pot, there is no way I am folding this. He made a big mistake if he really called with some small PPs and if he catch with KK his set then just let it be. What did he have then?
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      I don't know, I folded the river :) I don't see him calling with small PP's either, only logical hands would be his top range - QQ+/AK, maybe JJ. Actually I was very surprised when he just called my 4bet, and pretty much put him on KK. Anyway, I learned the lesson that passive play is pretty much no good in most cases. But I have to admit that NL10 rush regs are getting even trickier and much harder to play against.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I don't know, I folded the river :) I don't see him calling with small PP's either, only logical hands would be his top range - QQ+/AK, maybe JJ. Actually I was very surprised when he just called my 4bet, and pretty much put him on KK. Anyway, I learned the lesson that passive play is pretty much no good in most cases. But I have to admit that NL10 rush regs are getting even trickier and much harder to play against.
      Yep, rush is definitely another world. The players tend to be either very nitty or just too loose and as well tricky postflop. :)