• bRiNgOnChAsEr
      I just installed and configured Elephant but it seems very hardware hungry so maybe I need another computer to run it. I don't yet understand how to anaylise the data so any pointers are welcome.

Thanks in advance and good luck all.
  • 3 replies
    • dubadal

just to be on the safe side, check the configuration video here: Elephant Video Guide Library

not sure about actual requirements of Elephant, but problems could more likely be with Postgresql database..

anyhow, if you post your computer specs - hardware, windows etc smart peoples will probably be able to say, if you need a new one. You can use this template: Template for support reports
      just copy and fill it.

Regarding stats - there is a pdf manual in Elephant installation folder, pdf me thinks (not sure), which contains explanations for various statistics. The most common ones used are:
      VP$IP - voluntarily put money into pot (how often player plays)
      PFR - pre-flop raise (how often player raises pre-flop)
      AF - overall aggression factor
      WTSD% - went to showdown % (how often player plays flop, turn and river)

there are more, but you should pick the ones that help you and leave the rest out :)

also, there's a silver article about stats:
      and I'm pretty sure that in some videos coaches explained the use of stats... couldnt find it though.

good luck with setting up!
    • IngridN
      Thank you for posting the great info dubadal! =)

@ ChAsEr, please don't forget about your other thread here which is about the same topics.

To follow all your posts and avoid creating duplicates, please visit your profile here than click on "edit options" and turn ON the email notification for "when there is a reply to your post".

• bRiNgOnChAsEr
      Many many thanks for all that info I will take all advice and study all avenues suggested

Really good help thanks