Novice Starter

• bRiNgOnChAsEr
      bRiNgOnChAsEr
      Bronze
      Just passed the quiz waiting for 50 dollar starter going to buy in tomorrow for extra 200 quid see what I can do. Wish me luck someone I think I will need it lol

I been playing william hill play chips yesterday and today got my 1k to 160k so far but somehow I don't think real money will come so easy.

I got the Elephant poker tracker but it makes my system slow and right now I don't get how to anaylise the data lol

Feel free to contact me love meeting new people and good luck to all.
  • 3 replies
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      One piece of advice I can give you: Using bankroll management, if you deposit money beyond the 50 dollar start, you can play higher than the minimum stakes. I would recommend against that. You'll want to start at 2-dollar buyins (for cash games) or the one-dollar tournaments. Once you know you can beat the lower limits (over a large amount of games or hands, I must stress), then move up to the next level. Your bankroll does not determine what game you should play, but the highest games you CAN play.

If you have any questions, and I'm sure you have a heap, feel free to ask. You can e-mail me at salivanth@live.com, or you can reply on this thread. Always happy to help a Poker newbie out.
    • bRiNgOnChAsEr
      bRiNgOnChAsEr
      Bronze
      That is fantastic I will take your advice for sure I am feeling the water right now and I don't want to be like the proverbial Frog (if you need the story I will it) but in any case someone told me if you can't afford to lose it don't put it in front of you you (which is sound advice by any standards)

He is best poker player I know and also said it's better to fold a winner than play a loser
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      A good saying. Yeah, I know the frog in hot water story. The main reason I'm telling you to play at low limits though isn't that you'll be playing more than you can afford (That's what bankroll management is for) but because the higher the stakes, the better the players. It's better to be winning at smaller stakes than losing at higher ones, after all!

Oh, and I just saw that bit in your first post: Good luck! :)