This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

$20 Rush Tickets. What's the right limit?

• DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      Hello all!

I am about to receive my rush $20 tickets. I play MSS at NL50 6max. I am about to move off of FTP and just want to get these cleared. What is the reasonable limit to play at with a $20 ticket? The way I understand it, you cannot top up when playing with a ticket and anything you earn over the $20 stays in the ticket (up to $200?). At first I thought of playing my limit, then I realized that a coinflip can lose me the ticket and it wont win me much, as the money will stay in the ticket until I earn about 500 FTPs. So I am considering playing NL25 or even NL10. Clearing the ticket will be slower but relatively easier - you are sitting on more BBs and can recover from a suckout and the game at a lower limit should be softer. However, I only play MSS and usually leave the table when I double up, so I am not used to BSS. What is your opinion on the matter?
  • 4 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Most likely you will bust the tickets before you clear them. So just use them as a free bankroll to make as much money as possible before that happens.
    • DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      Problem is that even when profiting nothing goes int your BR...It stays in the ticket until you clear it. I think I will start from NL10 and go up as the ticket grows and play with like 200BB. Any brighter ideas?
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DNAwithin
      Problem is that even when profiting nothing goes int your BR...It stays in the ticket until you clear it. I think I will start from NL10 and go up as the ticket grows and play with like 200BB. Any brighter ideas?
      Isn't it so, that if you go over 20$ with that ticket, that amount goes to your account and the ticket is 20$ again?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jkob
      Isn't it so, that if you go over 20$ with that ticket, that amount goes to your account and the ticket is 20$ again?
      Yes, and the full functionality of these tickets has been discussed endless here and on 2+2.