$20 Rush Tickets. What's the right limit?

• DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      Hello all!

I am about to receive my rush $20 tickets. I play MSS at NL50 6max. I am about to move off of FTP and just want to get these cleared. What is the reasonable limit to play at with a $20 ticket? The way I understand it, you cannot top up when playing with a ticket and anything you earn over the $20 stays in the ticket (up to $200?). At first I thought of playing my limit, then I realized that a coinflip can lose me the ticket and it wont win me much, as the money will stay in the ticket until I earn about 500 FTPs. So I am considering playing NL25 or even NL10. Clearing the ticket will be slower but relatively easier - you are sitting on more BBs and can recover from a suckout and the game at a lower limit should be softer. However, I only play MSS and usually leave the table when I double up, so I am not used to BSS. What is your opinion on the matter?
  • 4 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Most likely you will bust the tickets before you clear them. So just use them as a free bankroll to make as much money as possible before that happens.
    • DNAwithin
      DNAwithin
      Bronze
      Problem is that even when profiting nothing goes int your BR...It stays in the ticket until you clear it. I think I will start from NL10 and go up as the ticket grows and play with like 200BB. Any brighter ideas?
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DNAwithin
      Problem is that even when profiting nothing goes int your BR...It stays in the ticket until you clear it. I think I will start from NL10 and go up as the ticket grows and play with like 200BB. Any brighter ideas?
      Isn't it so, that if you go over 20$ with that ticket, that amount goes to your account and the ticket is 20$ again?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jkob
      Isn't it so, that if you go over 20$ with that ticket, that amount goes to your account and the ticket is 20$ again?
      Yes, and the full functionality of these tickets has been discussed endless here and on 2+2.