Doesn't update hands automatically

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Hey everybody,

I have a problem with elephant. So.. Today, elephant stopped working for me. It just crashed, and then, when i tried to open it again it just showed me an error (one, where you can choose, "Send" or "Don't send" :f_biggrin: ).

I tried EVERYTHING. Restarting, uninstaling, reinstaling etc.. Nothing helped. I sit down at computer all day, to fix this, but can't do anything. And then, I, somehow came up with idea, to create new windows user, and install it there. And, surprisingly, it worked perfectly there. So that's not a problem anymore.

Problem i have, is that hands doesn't update automatically. FTP is saving history, I added my history folder in Configuration->Auto Import, but hands only update when i update them manually, through "Import". Scanning can't find any history folders..

I'm using Elephant 0.101
  • 9 replies
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Ok, so i just got back home, and opened elephant. Pop-up announced that scan automatically found a folder, and now it's configured. So it works perfect again.

Thanks for this wonderful FREE software.

Bye, and wish me luck - going to try shots at NL5 today.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :s_thumbsup:

Good luck in future sessions! :)
    • fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      Don't really get how this works.

So apparently there should be a folder where the poker room should save my hands?
      Or is it something else? Because my elephant isn't automatically updating either.

But I've found this tab "configuration". And it says "Auto import folder configuration". And there are no folders listed there. I saw in another thread that this folder might be something like (I'm on Full Tilt Poker) c -> program files -> full tilt poker -> and then some folder called "hand history" or something similar. Well I can't find a folder even close to that description. Well, one, but it's in the folder "graphics" and it's called "Last Hand". I selected it for a while, but then opened the folder in explorer and found out that it only holds a few layout files/images (obviously). I can't find any other folder that is called something like "hand history".

So I don't know from where elephant should be "automatically" updating from. Oh well I'm at a table now... but I can't find any settings currently in Full Tilt Poker that allow me to save hand histories.

Edit:

Right, nevermind. Found the setting in Full Tilt Poker.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
    • Kipezinho
      Kipezinho
      Bronze
      Hi!

I've got also a problem with importing hands from FTP. I have manually brought the handhistory from the FPT handhistory file and auto-imported the same file also.

Only hands it will bring are the ones that I have already played. I've tried scanning the file but it just says no changes. It's pointless to manually import hands every 5minutes to get a little bit more clearer image about the stats and such.

Any ideas that could help me?

I downloaded the elephant version 0.102 from pokerstrategy ofc.
    • fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      Well I know that apart from setting up the folder to auto import from, there's also a button "rescan". And if you click that button, a new... kind of... "folder" will get added to the folder/folders you already selected. It will say on "type" "automatically configured", and in my case it also says in "pokerroom" "full tilt poker", wich is where I play. Didn't know I could add this by clicking "rescan" but it's now in there.

So if you have a problem getting hands to automatically import then maybe it helps to click the "rescan" button in the tab "configuration".

-

Personally, I found out through reading a little bit that sng's and tournaments still don't work yet. And that might explain why it doesn't work with me as I am currently only playing free rolls (no BR, threw $10,- away once and that won't happen again). But because I had a feeling it might be because of that, I went out to test my elephant in playmoney games. But I've heard somewhere that it might be possible elephant doesn't register these games either.

And that explains because I haven't played any cash games since I started saving my hand histories.
    • Kipezinho
      Kipezinho
      Bronze
      Hi Guys!

Just wanted to let you know that the problem is fixed! And how was the problem fixed? - Simply by restarting FTP and Elephant. :rolleyes:

Thank you fakethat for taking the time to respond!
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze

@fakethat:

SNGs/Tournaments are supported - excluding Freerolls!

Playmoney games are not supported.
    • fakethat
      fakethat
      Bronze
      Oh haha ok.

That really comes down to only the games I am playing at the moment.
      I guess it's worth keeping elephant for later.

Nice to see tournaments and sng's DO work. I see everywhere around this forum posts from june that say it doesn't work. Oh well. I thought it was recent enough to assume it still wouldn't work. Thanks.