This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KJo MSS 11/05 session review

• padrezulmiro
      padrezulmiro
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $0,99
      Hero:
      $0,77

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , J:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0,02, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0,06, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,15) J:diamond: , 4:heart: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0,02, Hero raises to $0,13, UTG1 calls $0,11.

Turn: ($0,41) 8:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,41) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

Final Pot: $0,81

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows (Ad 3h)
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Ks Jh)

Hero wins with a pair of jacks (Ks Jh)

So another hand i probably shouldn't have played

so i know this hand isn't strong enough to go pstF with, but i was bored once again, and UTG1 was loose very loose so i just kinda ignored his limp and raised 6 cents (should've raised 8 right?)

so in the flop i hit well so I 3bet for value his minR...usually with this kind of players i have the experience that these min donk bets are symptoms of a weak hand

in the turn i checked i think because i was kinda worried he had a pocket pair that was better than mine or that he'd have AJ

on the river he unexpectadly made a big bet and i called cos i found his bet very very weird but in all truth, looking at this hand in retrospective i'm kinda creeping me out cos i think i won this pot with a very marginal hand

waht do you think?

ty
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

you have to raise 3bb + one bb for every limper you have. So here we go to 4bb

Now on the Flop I would raise as well on his mindonkbet, it looks weak.

The turn is a blank and you have to bet for value here because he cannot be limping with QQ+!
      And then it is AJ versus QJ,JT, TT,99,88,J9s you have beat

Best regards,
      Gerv