[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Kk

• brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Was this a wrong play? only 4th hand not much of a read

Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($2.31)
      Hero (BB) ($9.10)
      UTG ($5.79)
      UTG+1 ($2.10)
      MP1 ($7.13)
      MP2 ($9.99)
      CO ($10.41)
      Button ($8.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
      2 folds, MP1 bets $0.45, MP2 calls $0.45, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.85, MP1 calls $1.40, MP2 calls $1.40

Flop: ($5.60) Q, 9, J (3 players)
      Hero bets $2, 1 fold, MP2 raises to $8.14 (All-In), Hero calls $5.25 (All-In)

Turn: ($20.10) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($20.10) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $20.10 | Rake: $1.34
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello brobz,

Preflop: I'd actually raise even bigger here like $2,25 for 1 caller and being OOP. But your raise ain't like wrong.
      Postflop: One thing I would do is I'd bet bigger like $3,50. And not much to do, he may easily have a lot of draws even here and as well just TP type of hands. I am as well going broke. Just curious, what did he have then?

Best regards.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      QAs, he had some draws but my hand held up :) ,

Just imagine if I would have had AA again, I woulda tripped lol

I don't know why I bet so less when the pot is getting big, I think b/c it makes me pot comitted anyway right? no matter I gotta get it all in either way
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by brobz
      QAs, he had some draws but my hand held up :) ,

Just imagine if I would have had AA again, I woulda tripped lol

I don't know why I bet so less when the pot is getting big, I think b/c it makes me pot comitted anyway right? no matter I gotta get it all in either way
      Yep, likely while it's 3bet pot.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      if the board came with an A in this situation, of course b/c of the limps I would have to check/fold right? no cbet?
    • Cooleyman
      Cooleyman
      Bronze
      Veriz,

Please will you show me the equilator calc for this hand? I don't think the odds are much better than this hand: Nl10 top 2 pair

I have assumed villain has something like AA,QQ,JJ,99,AQs,AQo, which would suggest at best a coin flip?

Am I thinking along the right lines?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by brobz
      if the board came with an A in this situation, of course b/c of the limps I would have to check/fold right? no cbet?
      While we are in multiway pot then yes, likely it's safer to Check/Fold because I don't really expect them to bet that often with just pure air. And it's more likely that someone has of them the Ax.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Cooleyman
      Veriz,

Please will you show me the equilator calc for this hand? I don't think the odds are much better than this hand: Nl10 top 2 pair

I have assumed villain has something like AA,QQ,JJ,99,AQs,AQo, which would suggest at best a coin flip?

Am I thinking along the right lines?
      It's pretty hard to say exact range of them while we even don't know the opponent, but lets assume they are more rather looser, we could give something like this:

Board: Q:club: 9:diamond: J:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    39.01%  37.66%   1.35% { QQ-99, AQs, KQs, KTs, QTs, JTs, AQo, KQo, JTo }
      UTG+1  60.99%  59.64%   1.35% { KsKc }

Of course in some spot we might even remove couple hands. I wouldn't really put AA on h is range while he would be more often inclined to 4bet with them rather than give great odds for the other guy join in.
    • Cooleyman
      Cooleyman
      Bronze
      Thanks, Veriz.

Any tips on how we can take this into account during play, as we don't have the time to put data into equilator or poker stove?

Is there a 'quick' method of calculating his good hands against his bad, or something like that so that we can have a stab at calculating the odds against us?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Cooleyman
      Thanks, Veriz.

Any tips on how we can take this into account during play, as we don't have the time to put data into equilator or poker stove?

Is there a 'quick' method of calculating his good hands against his bad, or something like that so that we can have a stab at calculating the odds against us?
      Use the method I did if I started playing poker, I did post A LOT OF HANDS, went through a lot of hands and that's what mainly helped me to remember those spots and with time and posting you will start getting this automatically. There are a lot of situations in poker which will come again and again and again but as well there are like a lot of situations which will be new and there will be always something to post and ask. :)