[NL2-NL10] NL50 - KT after free-play

• factorIR

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , T:club:
      UTG calls $0.50, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.00) 5:heart: , 3:club: , 6:club: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($2.00) T:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $2, 2 folds, MP2 calls $2.00.

River: ($6.00) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ...

Should I block bet river?
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      I'd fold PF.
    • xylere
      I`d fold it too.

complete with any pocket pair, suited connector or Ax suited. Even unsuited one-gapers, like KJo could be tough to handle postflop oop.

you are in quite ugly situation. a lot of draws possible, so I just don`t see how you can give it up) The question is then, how much you should bet?

your stack now is 8.50$

1) you bet 4$ - he push; pot odds 14.5 : 4 = 3.22:1 -> smells like we are commited. (especially that he could push with: 77-99, A6s, QTs)

2) you push. In this case he is definately not calling with the marginal hands, only with better ones. Meaning that our additional FE (achieved by increasing our bet - push) is so small that it won`t be able to cover our losses from lost hands (when we will be called and lose)

So what we can do is to bet less, 3$ for instance. That will make busted draws fold and we are not that deadly commited. It seems to me the best available play against unknown opponent. I guess you can call it block bet))

BUT ! the main point here is: try to avoid situations like that. Our main goal is to make our decisions as easy as possible. Not because we are not smart enough to handle them, but because of limited options left us by our stack. As you can see any close-to-pot size bet makes us commited... Besides, when you are playing 12+ tables its getting a bit harder to evaluate situation... therefore we are trying to avoid situations where we are likely to make a mistake. I mean, you are not missing a lot of opportunities when you fold KTo from SB, definately not :)